Clarity

• 1.  User License Administration

Posted Sep 01, 2016 04:26 PM

I am trying to start an effective process of managing the assignment of PPM user licenses by determining the connection between:

1. Active Resources,
    2. Their Department OBS,
    3. The Groups I have assigned them, and
    4. Their last Login Date

The Resource Management Domain contains the proper join between Resources and the Department, but without the Group and Login attributes, I'll have to develop a new Domain. Tables like 'DWH_RES_SECURITY' and 'DWH_RES_SECURITY_V' have too few attributes to create the necessary display.

So far, I have yielded only partial success with pulling the tables CMN_SEC_USER_GROUPS and CMN_SEC_USERS.

Has anyone approached this topic before and have any pointers for tables/joins/attributes to use?

• 2.  Re: User License Administration

Posted Sep 02, 2016 03:58 AM

There is built-in application functionality to surface license information - on the application menu there is a link and the underlying data is populated view a series of database VIEWs ( cmn_lic_users_v etc) - you can look at the DDL for those views if you need to recreate the logic in another way.

• 3.  Re: User License Administration

Posted Sep 23, 2016 01:32 PM

Sorry for the delay in looping back, Dave.

I'll have a closer look at this view. The Admin -> Organization and Access -> License Information page displays categories of user licenses being consumed, but doesn't have enough depth to be able to potentially determine idle licenses in given Departments to be able to disable accounts - without leaving the Dept with a shortage of PMs, Resource Managers, etc. - and recycle those licenses into other Departments.

I'll keep tinkering...

• 4.  Re: User License Administration

Posted Sep 26, 2016 03:44 AM

Indeed the stock screens might not present the data in the way that you want, just that the underlying logic behind them (the database views) would give you the answers you would need for developing your specific requirement.

(although there is a drill-down on the category in the stock screens that you could then export to XLS and then pivot with some other data if that is easier that developing your own NSQL or domains for the full "rolls-royce" solution)

• 5.  Re: User License Administration

Posted Oct 06, 2016 11:53 AM

My office administers the license allocation for all Departments, and so decisions to recycle unused or under utilized licenses can only follow verification that there are still users with sufficient capability within that given Department. At present, I am screen-scraping the Resources displayed in the Group's attributes - pretty kludgey.

• 6.  Re: User License Administration

Posted Sep 06, 2016 06:31 PM

Hi Will_Lloyd - Did Dave_3.0's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!