Clarity

• 1.  Gel parse replaces < > in variable with html code

Posted Sep 01, 2016 12:03 PM

I am creating a XML write file (cmn_users_write) in my process and am using a variable to store a part the XML content that should come in the write XML file.

But when I place the variable inside gel parse to complete my write xml, it replaces the < and > sign by their HTML codes i.e- &lt; and &gt; and making the XOG fail.

<gel:parse var="v_xml_root">
    <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_user.xsd">
    <Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="user" version="14.2.0.237"/>
    <Users>
    <User externalId="${v_xog_externalId}" userLanguage="${v_xog_userLanguage}" userName="${v_xog_userName}" userStatus="${v_xog_userStatus}" userType="${v_xog_userType}" >
    <PersonalInformation emailAddress="${v_xog_emailAddress}" firstName="${v_xog_firstName}" lastName="${v_xog_lastName}"/>
    <Resource resourceId="${v_xog_resourceId}"/>
    <InstanceRights>
    ${r3}
    </InstanceRights>
    <InstanceOBSRights/>
    </User>
    </Users>
    </NikuDataBus>
    </gel:parse>

where variable r3 value is=

<Right id="ProjectEditManagement">
    <InstanceObject id="tes_req" name="test_req" type= "SRM_PROJECTS"/>
    </Right>

But if I print the write xml that is generated,I see below-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_user.xsd">
    <Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="user" version="14.2.0.237"/>
    <Users>
    <User externalId="" userLanguage="English" userName="testpm2@test.com" userStatus="ACTIVE" userType="INTERNAL">
    <PersonalInformation emailAddress="testpm2@test.com" firstName="testpm2" lastName="testpm2"/>
    <Resource resourceId="testpm2"/>
    <InstanceRights> &lt;Right id="ProjectEditManagement"&gt;&lt;InstanceObject id="tes_req" name="test_req" type= "SRM_PROJECTS"/&gt;&lt;/Right&gt;</InstanceRights>
    <InstanceOBSRights/>
    </User>
    </Users>
    </NikuDataBus>

If I replace ${r3} by its value in the write file, the xog works.

Any idea how to let gel consider < and > symbols as they are in parse?

Thanks!

Ashmi

• 2.  Re: Gel parse replaces < > in variable with html code
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 01, 2016 12:24 PM

Instead of the line which just dumps your variable;

${r3}

perhaps try;

<gel:include select="$r3"/>

I think that that would rely on your r3 variable being an XML type (populated in its own 'gel:parse') though, not just a string variable

• 3.  Re: Gel parse replaces < > in variable with html code

Posted Sep 02, 2016 03:01 AM

Thanks David! making my variable XML type did the trick! I used the include for it

Thanks

• 4.  Re: Gel parse replaces < > in variable with html code

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2016 03:26 PM

Hi Ashmi,

I believe that's a bug and that only happens if you put comments in your gel script, please remove the comment and see. If it doesn;t replaces then you are hitting the bug I am suspecting.

Regards

Suman Pramanik