CA Service Management

• 1.  Incident title in red and ends with **

Posted Sep 01, 2016 01:18 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I recently found some incident I created in CA service desk can not be found by SOAP API, and the title of incidents changed to red colour and ends with "**".

Could you tell me why tickets has these changes, how to change it to normal tickets, and how to get this type of tickets via SOAP please?

Kind Regards

Linxin

• 2.  Re: Incident title in red and ends with **
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 01, 2016 02:15 PM

This indicates an SLA has been breached. Check the Service Type tab on the ticket for additional information about the SLA. You should still be able to find this ticket via doSelect by ref_num. If you are only interested in tickets with a breached SLA you can add the sla_violation attribute and value of interest to your doSelect where clause. I would review the Tech_Ref for additional information. Also, I don't believe you can remove the attached SLA to make the ticket look "normal", although admittedly I have never tried.

• 3.  Re: Incident title in red and ends with **

Posted Sep 07, 2016 04:20 AM

Thank you for your quick reply

• 4.  Re: Incident title in red and ends with **

Posted Sep 08, 2016 05:45 PM

To change the way it looks (removing the red, etc) you'd have to modify the HTMPL file for the list form you were looking at.  There are lines of code in there that set different CSS class values based on conditions such as SLA Violation and Special Handling for the Affected User.  I yanked the Special Handling portion so that blue/yellow/red always denoted SLA and never special handling since there is already that horn icon for SH.  You could rip out more if it suited your needs.

The only reason I could see the web service not picking it up anymore is if you were logging in with an account that had some kind of restriction on it via data partitions or functional access that disallowed Viewing the ticket once it breached.

• 5.  Re: Incident title in red and ends with **

Posted Sep 06, 2016 03:54 PM

Hi lguo - Did jmascaro's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks! 

• 6.  Re: Incident title in red and ends with **

Posted Sep 07, 2016 04:19 AM

Thanks Chris