DX NetOps

• 1.  Landscape missing from srmdbapi

Posted Sep 02, 2016 01:49 PM

Hi, I inherited a Spectrum environment and found when trying to clean up an issue with a landscape not set up correctly that it is also not showing up in the srmdbapi database table mysql> select * from v_dim_landscape;

There is a 3rd landscape that is not showing here and have looked for steps on correcting this but dont seem to know enough about spectrum to ask the question with the right lingo to get the answer.

So my question is: how can I get that landscape fixed so that it is showing up in this table and its data in this db?#

• 2.  Re: Landscape missing from srmdbapi

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2016 01:24 PM

Did you add the 3rd landscape in SPECTRUM Status?

• 3.  Re: Landscape missing from srmdbapi

Posted Sep 07, 2016 09:57 AM

Thanks,

My Spectrum control panel does not have that Report Manager Tab to click on. To be honest I don't even know if it has Report Manager installed. But that database srmdbapi we use and it is not there.

• 4.  Re: Landscape missing from srmdbapi

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2016 01:35 PM

Hi Renee,

Does your Spectrum user have Administrator privileges? If not, you can try logging in as the installation owner. They should have the correct privileges. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Bill

• 5.  Re: Landscape missing from srmdbapi

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2016 10:51 AM

Hi Renee

you didn't mention what exactly the issue is "with a landscape not set up correctly" so I would first fix this before attempting any issue SRMdbapi issues.

Is the landscape functioning okay in the DSS?

Does  <$SPECROOT>/LS/.locrc file on the problematic landscape server point correctly to the MLS?

Is it visible in the landscape map?   from a bash shell on the MLS, run:

<$SPECROOT>/SS-Tools/MapUpdate -view

xxxx%/c/win32app/Spectrum/SS
    > ../SS-Tools/MapUpdate -view
    Connecting to Location Server running at: ****** port 0xdaff

Landscape   Service Type Name  Hostname                 Port   Precedence
    ---------   ------------------ ------------------------------ ------ ----------
    0x300000    Landscape Default  ******                        0xbeef 10
    0x300000    Landscape               ******                        0xbeef 10
    0x300000    Events                      ******                        0xbafe 10

Can you see you landscape listed correctly as above?  Here we see 1 landscape (0x300000) showing 3 instances at Precedence 10 meaning it is a primary server.

is the landscape handle correct?

Is the precedence correct?

regards

shane

• 6.  Re: Landscape missing from srmdbapi

Posted Sep 08, 2016 12:02 PM

The reason that I say it was not set up correctly is that it does not show up in the SRMdbapi so that is exactly what I am trying to fix.

I am not sure if precedence is correct, they are all 10 but they all show up here and are fine.

the <$SPECROOT>/LS/.locrc file shows the MLS correctly.

Connecting to Location Server running at: xxxv port 0xdaff

Landscape   Service Type Name  Hostname                       Port   Precedence
    ---------   ------------------ ------------------------------ ------ ----------
    0x5000000   Landscape Default  xxxt                 0xbeef 10
    0x5000000   Landscape          xxxt                 0xbeef 10
    0x5000000   Events             xxxt                 0xbafe 10
    0x5100000   Landscape Default  xxxu                 0xbeef 10
    0x5100000   Landscape          xxxu                 0xbeef 10
    0x5100000   Events             xxxu                 0xbafe 10
    0x5200000   Landscape Default  xxxv                 0xbeef 10
    0x5200000   Landscape          xxxv                 0xbeef 10
    0x5200000   Events             xxxv                 0xbafe 10

• 7.  Re: Landscape missing from srmdbapi

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2016 01:14 PM

In the $SPECROOT/Install-Tools/LOGS/XXXXX_yyyymmdd/summary.hhmm file you can identify whether the CA  Spectrum Report Manager was installed.

Licensed Products being installed

And in the $SPECROOT/.installrc file you can identify the Spectrum Install Owner account.

OWNER: spectrum (example)

Thanks,

Silvio

• 8.  Re: Landscape missing from srmdbapi

Posted Sep 08, 2016 02:58 PM

Report Manager has not been installed on any of the environment but the srmdbapi exists and has 2 of 3 landscapes data loaded.

I am using the same account as install and admin do do all of this work.

I do not have a need for Report Manager and don't wish it installed. And without it have the srmdbapi data from 2 of 3 landscapes so do not feel this is the track to success.

There has to be some other place/event that triggers the loading of the landscape into the srmdbapi.

• 9.  Re: Landscape missing from srmdbapi

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 09, 2016 07:10 AM

If the SRM (Spectrum Report Manager) was never installed, it was not supposed to have the srmdbapi database.

Here are the existing databases in a OneClick machine without SRM installed:

List of databases on a OneClick machine without SRM installed

Here are the tables in the reporting database without SRM installed. Those tables are for Service Manager.

Tables in the reporting database without SRM installed

Maybe someone has disabled the SRM:

TEC1112432 - How to disable SRM in an existing installation (without uninstalling SRM)

• 10.  Re: Landscape missing from srmdbapi

Posted Oct 05, 2016 12:57 PM

raruss1 Hi Renee, did this answer your question or do you still need assistance?