DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Exception in Dashboard of APM

• 1.  Exception in Dashboard of APM

Posted Sep 06, 2016 01:35 AM

Hi Team,

When i start the dashboard in APM 10.2 following exception occurred:

Please help me to know why this exception occurred and how can i resolve it.

Regards,

Vinay Chaudhary

• 2.  Re: Exception in Dashboard of APM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2016 01:50 AM

Hi Vinay,

Best to check the corresponding exception in the WebView log to see if there are more details.

Does this occur with any browser type?

Thanks

Lynn

• 3.  Re: Exception in Dashboard of APM

Posted Sep 06, 2016 10:37 PM

Hi Lynn,

I will check the logs today and will revert you back.

Thanks,

Vinay

• 4.  Re: Exception in Dashboard of APM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2016 08:37 AM

Hi Vinay,

Did you find any exceptions in the log?

Thanks,

Matt

• 5.  Re: Exception in Dashboard of APM

Posted Sep 08, 2016 11:59 PM

Hi Lynn,

I found the following exception in Webview logs:

9/06/16 10:36:09.727 AM MYT [INFO] [WebView.Login] Successfully logged in user "mycp1vch"
    9/06/16 10:37:59.219 AM MYT [ERROR] [WebView] Identifier: 1002.1473129479 - receiveMessage() failed for : com.ca.apm.introscope.workstation.webapp.server.models.DashboardDetailsModel::2002
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.ca.apm.introscope.workstation.webapp.server.dashboard.DashboardDataTracker.getData(DashboardDataTracker.java:173)
    at com.ca.apm.introscope.workstation.webapp.server.models.DashboardDetailsModel.receiveMessage(DashboardDetailsModel.java:202)
    at com.ca.apm.introscope.workstation.webapp.server.models.ModelManager$ModelRequestThread$1.run(ModelManager.java:410)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    9/06/16 10:38:28.946 AM MYT [WARN] [WebView] Timeout while retrieving data for dashboard: IMS - UIM Overview
    9/06/16 10:38:54.761 AM MYT [ERROR] [WebView] Identifier: 1003.1473129534 - receiveMessage() failed for : com.ca.apm.introscope.workstation.webapp.server.models.DashboardDetailsModel::2002
    at com.ca.apm.introscope.workstation.webapp.server.dashboard.DashboardDataTracker.getData(DashboardDataTracker.java:173)
    at com.ca.apm.introscope.workstation.webapp.server.models.DashboardDetailsModel.receiveMessage(DashboardDetailsModel.java:202)
    at com.ca.apm.introscope.workstation.webapp.server.models.ModelManager$ModelRequestThread$1.run(ModelManager.java:410)
    9/06/16 10:39:04.710 AM MYT [ERROR] [WebView] Identifier: 1004.1473129544 - receiveMessage() failed for : com.ca.apm.introscope.workstation.webapp.server.models.DashboardDetailsModel::2002
    9/06/16 10:39:34.491 AM MYT [WARN] [WebView] Timeout while retrieving data for dashboard: IMS - UIM Overview
    9/06/16 10:40:58.981 AM MYT [INFO] [WebView] Logout mycp1vch
    9/06/16 10:40:58.987 AM MYT [INFO] [WebView] Logout mycp1vch

Regards,

Vinay

• 6.  Re: Exception in Dashboard of APM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 09, 2016 02:43 AM

Hi Vinay,

I looks like it may be a performance problem either with WebView or with the cluster. So EM logs may also need to be checked at the timestamp of the problem.

Does the problem only occur with the "IMS - UIM Overview" dashboard?

Is it a large dashboard in terms of number of metrics/metric groupings being displayed? What sort of data does it have - live/historical?

Can you view the dashboard metric data successfully in the Investigator Metric Browser?

Is WebView slow in general?

There is the  "APM UI Performance Monitor for WebView" you can use to get metrics for WebView performance 

Configure and Monitor APM WebView Performance - CA Application Performance Management - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documenta… 

Ultimately this may also need a support case created if it is general slowness with the cluster, so we can do a complete health check.

Regards,

Lynn

• 7.  Re: Exception in Dashboard of APM
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 09, 2016 07:32 AM

Thanks Lynn for your response, if it is related to slowness then yes the webview is slow. And i have already raised a ticket for this issue.

Thanks,

Vinay

• 8.  Re: Exception in Dashboard of APM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 09, 2016 08:59 AM

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for the update.  Since you have created an issue I will mark this question as answered.  

Thanks,

Matt

• 9.  Re: Exception in Dashboard of APM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2017 12:41 AM

Hi @ Lynn Williams,

I am also facing the same issue. in CA APM 10.1

Problem occur with only in the one dashboard that to browsing it, It's a large dashboard in terms of number of metrics/metric groupings being displayed

It have Live sort of data from the metrics

Can you view the dashboard metric data successfully in the Investigator Metric Browser? In Investigator data is coming however while browsing too and fro this happens that to randomly. however in webview dashboard is not showing complete data .

Regards,

Winkle Khurana

• 10.  Re: Exception in Dashboard of APM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2016 08:53 AM

Hi Vinay,

Have you followed Lynn's advice?  Any exceptions in the Webview log?  And what browser does this happen on?  Does it also happen on other browsers?

Thanks,
    Matt

• 11.  Re: Exception in Dashboard of APM

Posted Sep 08, 2016 11:54 PM

Hi Matt,

He is using the IE 11 which is supported browser.

Regards,

Vinay