Symantec IGA

• 1.  Issue installing IDM on weblogic

Posted Sep 06, 2016 03:28 PM

Description & Error Message: Hello Support

We are installing a new IDM 12.6.8 on Windows over Oracle web logic 12.1.3 application server. The Team that installed web logic on the idm server have created a new "weblogic server " named SrvIDM01 to deploy idm on that instead of the default weblogic server named AdminServer, the SrvIDM01 server is on port 7003 and AdminServer on port 7001. Also they have configured those web logic servers as windows services.

The thing is we are receiving the error below when we start the service and we are not able to open the management console:

####<Aug 31, 2016 3:08:29 PM BOT> <Error> <Deployer> <servername> <SrvIDM01> <[STANDBY]

ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1472670509162> <BEA-149205> <Failed to initialize the application "iam_im DataSource-wf"

due to error weblogic.application.ModuleException: weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourceSystemException:

Cannot load driver class com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver for datasource 'iam_im DataSource-wf'.

weblogic.application.ModuleException: weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourceSystemException:

Cannot load driver class com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver for datasource 'iam_im DataSource-wf'.

at weblogic.jdbc.module.JDBCModule.prepare(JDBCModule.java:350)

Apparently is not deploying the datasources, we are using a MS SQL Server database.

Any ideas on this?

• 2.  Re: Issue installing IDM on weblogic

Posted Sep 06, 2016 05:15 PM

Hello Jean,

Have you followed these steps in our documentation?

WebLogic Cluster Installation - CA Identity Manager - 12.6.8 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Usually this issue appears if these steps are missing. Please run through the steps and let me know how everything is working out for you.

Regards,

Andrew Nguyen

• 3.  Re: Issue installing IDM on weblogic

Posted Sep 07, 2016 10:15 AM

Hello Andrew.

On our weblogic we are not using Node Manager. What we have is one domain and two managed servers, each server using different ports. I dont know if this applies as a cluster. I tried following the steps i could on the link you provided from step 5 but on step 5d i dont see the content of WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH on commEnv script, this is the whole content of my commEnv.

IF NOT DEFINED MW_HOME (
    IF NOT DEFINED WL_HOME (
    echo MW_HOME or WL_HOME is not set
    IF DEFINED USE_CMD_EXIT (
    EXIT 1
    ) ELSE (
    EXIT /B 1
    )
    )
    )

IF NOT DEFINED MW_HOME set MW_HOME=%WL_HOME%\..
    FOR %%i IN ("%MW_HOME%") DO SET MW_HOME=%%~fsi

CALL "%MW_HOME%\oracle_common\common\bin\commEnv.cmd"

Do i need to create the WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH as an Environment Variable?

Regards.

• 4.  Re: Issue installing IDM on weblogic

Posted Sep 07, 2016 02:05 PM

Hello Jean,

I think it's best if a case was opened and we troubleshoot from there. I opened a case for you under case # 502444. From here, let's dive into your issue deeper and see where the problem is. This community post will be marked as answered for now while the case is being worked on.

Thank you,

Andrew Nguyen

• 5.  Re: Issue installing IDM on weblogic

Posted Sep 07, 2016 04:15 PM

It looks like a case was already opened: Case number 498332. Details will be discussed on there instead of 502444. Sorry about the confusion.