Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Gateway does not start after Java update

Posted Sep 06, 2016 11:21 PM

Hi, I am running Software Gateway 9.1 with 1.8 JDK , everything is fine. During our Linux pacthing, Java got updated and the path changed. So when I started gateway using gateway.sh start, it threw me an error saying old JDK is nt available. So, I ran setup.sh with new JDK, and update the java to new JDK path. Then I was able to restart using gateway.sh, I get a message
    :
    Starting Process Controller...
    Starting Gateway Services: done.

But gateway never starts. There is no PID generated not ssg_o_o log got updated. Is there another log for further troubleshooting? Appreciate any insights.. Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Gateway does not start after Java update

Posted Sep 06, 2016 11:34 PM

Hi Sam,

Check to see if you have:

/opt/SecureSpan/Gateway/node/default/var/ssg.pid

If there is, see if you can kill the process with this PID.

If no such process and the ssg.pid exits, try and move it to /tmp and restart the ssg.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Amit.

• 3.  Re: Gateway does not start after Java update

Posted Sep 07, 2016 11:25 AM

Thanks Amit.

• 4.  Re: Gateway does not start after Java update
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2016 12:09 AM

Sam,

When the gateway starts up it begins with the process controller which is logged to the /opt/SecureSpan/Controller/var/logs/sspc_0_0.log. The Process controller then initiates the Gateway process which will log to the /opt/SecureSpan/Controller/var/logs/ssg_0_0.log file.  The file that the process controller will look for its setting are located in the /opt/SecureSpan/Controller/etc/host.properties. If you have modified the JAVA you will need to make sure that the JCE jar files (US_export_policy.jar and  local_policy.jar) have been put in place <java_home>/jre/lib/security/ directory.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 5.  Re: Gateway does not start after Java update

Posted Sep 07, 2016 11:24 AM

Thank You Stephen, I needed to update this file:

/opt/SecureSpan/Controller/etc/host.properties

Appreciate your help.