DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  help with silent install EULA file

Posted Sep 06, 2016 03:57 PM

I'm trying to get CA Introscope Workstation to install using the silent install but i'm stuck.  No matter what I do, i consistently get this message:  

... eula.txt is not a valid End User License Agreement.
    Edit the responsefile so that the eulaFile property refers to a valid End User License Agreement whose terms have been accepted, then rerun the silent installer.

I noticed that there was no eula.txt file in the package when i encountered this document: 

Launch the Installer - CA Application Performance Management - 9.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

However upon further searching i found the following links:

New ASM, Exec Insight, APM KBs for June 2015 

Responsefile EULA error on silent install 

So according to the second link, i copy lgpl.txt to the install directory and rename to eula.txt.

Then I add a line at the end as per the original instructions that says LGPL=accept.  

I still get this error. 

I also tried renaming ca-eula.txt to eula.txt and changing the last line to LGPL=accept, just in case.  

Does anybody have a valid EULA file?  I compared lgpl.txt to ca-eula.txt and they are VERY DIFFERENT.  Even down to formatting.  lgpl.txt is all clear text with nothing commented out.  ca-eula.txt has nearly every line commented out except for CA-EULA=accept.

I don't exactly understand what the executable is looking for in eula.txt that it isn't finding and my only real comparison is the ca-eula file.  

• 2.  Re: help with silent install EULA file

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2016 03:59 PM

What version of APM?

• 3.  Re: help with silent install EULA file

Posted Sep 06, 2016 03:59 PM

I neglected to mention i am installing introscope 9.7 workstation on windows 7 computer using installfile.exe -f response.file and that the response file is configured to point to eula.txt for the package install and ca-eula.txt for the client install.

• 4.  Re: help with silent install EULA file
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2016 04:00 PM

Never mind; I missed the 9.7 link in your post.

The EULA is for the OSGI package available at http://opensrcd.ca.com/ips/osgi.

• 5.  Re: help with silent install EULA file

Posted Oct 18, 2017 04:43 PM

The path   "http://opensrcd.ca.com/ips/osgi" has been mentioned on the user guide below, but it wasn't specifically mentioned that it is needed for silent installer for workstation.  I have entered a feedback for that page:

Download External Component Packages - CA Application Performance Management - 10.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Francis