Clarity

• 1.  GEL Input File Location on Linux

Posted Sep 08, 2016 02:20 PM

We are trying to access a file via a GEL script on an on premise Linux environment.  Our Clarity environment is installed in the az/clarity directory.  We have created a share in  az/clarity/share.  The questions is, how to we call this from the GEL script?  We have created a parameter:

"inputfileLocation" = "/share"  

We have tried also "/az/clarity/share"

Unfortunately, it is not finding the file location.

Any thoughts?

• 2.  Re: GEL Input File Location on Linux

Posted Sep 09, 2016 03:29 AM

Is 'share' your file name or is the directory in which you want to write a new file ?

plus, please post the pseudo code that you are using to write to the file

• 3.  Re: GEL Input File Location on Linux

Posted Sep 09, 2016 04:10 AM

Only GUESSING : is there a 'bin' directory under 'clarity'? Should 'share' be under there?

• 4.  Re: GEL Input File Location on Linux

Posted Sep 09, 2016 06:59 AM

My understanding is that file write should work on which ever directory the clarity installation user has write access to.

In my previous installation, the directory was outside clarity installation folder and I could easily write to it.

• 5.  Re: GEL Input File Location on Linux
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 09, 2016 07:51 AM

Team, we figured it out. What we were not expecting was a java exception error when the process couldn't find the file. In the normal Windows environment when we tried to log the file not being found we got our log message. In the Linux environment we get a Java exception error so we were fighting the wrong battle. Once we named the file appropriately it worked.  When we named the file incorrectly to test that portion, we got the same error. We were just not expecting it. Thanks for the assistance!