Symantec IGA

• 1.  How to send pending notifications to approvers based on elapsed time?

Posted Sep 08, 2016 04:44 PM

In our environment, we have set up approval workflow for having access to entitlement groups. Any request placed by the user will go the approver and they will be granted access once the approver approves the workitem in Identity Manager. The work items are kept active for 21 days and they get auto rejected after this time period. I would like to send reminder notifications to the approvers after 16 days reminding about the workitems that still needs their attention. I am trying to achieve this via workpoint or via the regular Email notification settings OOTB. When using the Email notification settings, I am unable to retrieve the elapsed time to trigger the notification. Any thoughts on achieving this?

Thank you

Siva

• 2.  Re: How to send pending notifications to approvers based on elapsed time?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 09, 2016 07:05 AM

I think this can be implemented in WorkPoint Activity Properties - Alert. You need to create an alert with a System Calculated Delay (16 days "after workitem available") and add an email as alert Action.

• 3.  Re: How to send pending notifications to approvers based on elapsed time?

Posted Sep 13, 2016 06:21 PM

Thank you for your comments. I tried to implement this suggestion. However, alerts are not getting triggered and am unsure as to what the missing piece is. I am attaching my workpoint setup (Alert.zip) just in case if that helps to figure out what i'm missing.

I enabled the logging to make sure that when a request is submitted, it does capture the timeout condition and uses that to trigger the alert. In the example setup, am trying to trigger the email alert after 15 minutes once the request is opened. The logs however does not show any sort of event that triggered an alert regarding the pending work item for approval.

Also, is there any way I can differentiate the requests that were rejected by a person and those that got automatically timed out.

Attachment(s)

zip
    Alert.zip   8 KB 1 version
    zip
    server.log.zip   87 KB 1 version

• 4.  Re: How to send pending notifications to approvers based on elapsed time?

Posted Sep 19, 2016 09:48 AM

I've imported your alert and it didn't work for me until I set it's "Evaluation Date" to "after work item is available". You have selected "after work item open".

• 5.  Re: How to send pending notifications to approvers based on elapsed time?

Posted Sep 22, 2016 07:20 PM

Hi,

Thank you for checking that. I made the change and it still did not trigger an email in our set up. We are on 12.6. SP8. Are you using the same version or a different one?

Can you also attach the working set up?

Thank you

Siva

• 6.  Re: How to send pending notifications to approvers based on elapsed time?

Posted Sep 23, 2016 05:09 AM
      |   view attached

I've tested my notification on r12.6 sp8 as well. I'll attach my alert configuration.

Did you try out your email notification without the alert? Does it work by itself?

Attachment(s)

zip
    Alert2.zip   1 KB 1 version

• 7.  Re: How to send pending notifications to approvers based on elapsed time?

Posted Sep 26, 2016 10:27 PM

Hi,

Yes, email notifications are getting triggered. It is only the alert emails that is not working.

Thank you

Siva

• 8.  Re: How to send pending notifications to approvers based on elapsed time?

Posted Sep 26, 2016 04:45 AM

Please open a CA Support ticket at this point and CA will be happy to work together with you and Workpoint Support to find the best possible answer for this. Thanks

Palaka Bhattacharya

Support Delivery Manager