CA Service Management

• 1.  Nested approval notification in SC

Posted Sep 09, 2016 02:42 AM

Hi everybody,

I have a issue with the setting up notifications for the nested approval process in Service Catalog.

My scenario is following if the level 1 approver need additional approval for the request from the level 2, he have a option to set the status to pending level 2 approval.

In that case when level 2 approver approve/reject the request it is the final status for both approval steps.

I have setup the notification of the requestor based on the pending action approval event and appropriate status codes for the approved/rejected actions. My problem is that in this case after the approval process system generates 2 mails (one for each approval step,) instead of just one for the entire process. Is there any way that I can modify this rule to send just one mail in this case. I have setup that allows only one offering for the request, so the partial approving is not an issue here, approvers approve/reject entire request.

I would appreciate any help on this

• 2.  Re: Nested approval notification in SC

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 04:00 AM

Hi Aleksandar.

At this stage, I can suggest to check on the below 'options':

- Are there duplicate EventRuleAction(ERA) occurrences involved/enabled

- Is the 'group-email' related

- Is a PAM-process involved (and needs to be checked)

Kind regards, Louis van Amelsfort.

• 3.  Re: Nested approval notification in SC
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 12, 2016 04:23 AM

Hi Louis,

thank you for the reply.

I have managed to find workaround for this issue.

This scenario creates 3 active RPA in the MDB. That is the reason for triggering multiple notifications,

one for each active task closed.

So I have disable my rule for the RPA and create new rule for the Request/Subscription Item Change.

Since after final approval request goes to the pending fulfillment status I have set this condition for the rule and create notification at that moment. This  way a got the result that is expected, only one mail is sent when the request approval is done.

• 4.  Re: Nested approval notification in SC

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 04:34 AM

Hi Aleksandar.

Thanks for your response and good to see it is now working per your requirement.

Kind regards, Louis.