Clarity

• 1.  Process Stuck

Posted Sep 10, 2016 02:54 AM
      |   view attached

Hello Team

We have a custom process for the timesheet approval.Despite the conditions for the previous step have been completed, the process is not proceeding further. The status of the Step is set as Inactive . The step is stuck here without evaluating . Is this expected behaviour. Is there any significance of the Inactive status of step as against the usual statuses of Done,Error,Ready to evaluate post-condition.

Pls Advise.

• 2.  Re: Process Stuck

Posted Sep 10, 2016 02:35 PM

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/241760826-1-145480/Step.jpg

I think that makes all the difference and it is not going to process any further.

Try to revalidate and activate all steps and run the process again. Anything in  messages to indicate why that is inactive?

• 3.  Re: Process Stuck

Posted Sep 12, 2016 03:22 AM

Thank you for the response. Just was inquisitive to know why a step goes inactive despite its process validated and active and remaining process instances are running successfully. This step is occurring only when one of the errorred out steps have been retried after taking necessary actions.  Any specific reason might help us prevent them from recurrence hence forth. 

• 4.  Re: Process Stuck

Posted Sep 14, 2016 08:07 AM

Hi Urmas, 

"Try to revalidate and activate all steps and run the process again" - Does it mean to cancel the existing instance and start new instance ?

I am wondering what could be the probable reason for step going in to inactive status as per the standard behavior of Clarity.

one of the steps of this process was in error, we have retried the step after fixing the error and then after it is in running state but with the next step in INACTIVE state. There is no message found in logs.

What measures can be taken to prevent this in future.

• 5.  Re: Process Stuck

Posted Dec 13, 2017 02:23 PM

I have the same incident, please help!, version 14.3.