Clarity

• 1.  Clarity application Property file is getting created automatically

Posted Sep 12, 2016 05:36 AM

Hello ,

Can anyone please let me know which Java process is responsible for dynamic creation of property file in clarity ppm 14.3  . We tried to delete the property file to add the correctly edited property file but the property file is getting created automatically.Can some one help me on this .

Thanks in Advance !!

Regards,

Priya

• 2.  Re: Clarity application Property file is getting created automatically

Posted Sep 12, 2016 09:47 AM

Well the CSA (NSA in older versions) is usually what you would use to to update the information in the system properties file* - the file is really the NSA's datastore ; (you shouldn't really be messing about with it unless you know what you are doing)

(* - this is the 'properties.xml' file in the config directory on the application server I am referring to)

• 3.  Re: Clarity application Property file is getting created automatically

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 10:56 AM

Hi Priya,

Why do you even want to update the Properties.xml, there is everything you can do it via CSA.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 4.  Re: Clarity application Property file is getting created automatically

Posted Sep 20, 2016 08:01 AM

HI Suman,

I understand that we can edit everything via NSA but the server is not visible/listed under NSA url .

I have already checked multicast address is correct and belong to same subnet . Also beacon service is up and running on the server still the server is not listed under NSA where as other 2 servers are showing up .

Can you please suggest me on this .

Thanks in Advance !!

Regards,

Priya  

• 5.  Re: Clarity application Property file is getting created automatically

Posted Sep 20, 2016 08:22 AM

If you run the NSA service on the same server that the APP service is on, then it should be able to see it without relying on mutlicast/beacons.

• 6.  Re: Clarity application Property file is getting created automatically

Posted Sep 20, 2016 09:32 AM

Hi David,

NSA service is already running on the server where app is running .

Thanks ,

Priya

• 7.  Re: Clarity application Property file is getting created automatically

Posted Sep 20, 2016 10:09 AM

Ok well I'm sorry but your configuration sounds like its in "a mess" - and since you started this discussion by talking about manually editing configuration files I wouldn't be surprised if something like that is the root cause of your problems/confusion.

If I were in this position I would be stopping all services, destroying all services, redeploying all services, running health-checks and so on until my server was in a stable, clean state - but if you are not familiar with doing things like this then I would absolutely NOT recommend you do this on your own.

• 8.  Re: Clarity application Property file is getting created automatically

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2016 11:44 AM

I agree with David, there is definitely a multicast problem and you are trying to mask a problem by doing this. Please work with our Support and we will help you over come this.

Regards
    Suman Pramanik