Clarity

• 1.  CA Clarity PPM Interface error

Posted Sep 12, 2016 12:55 PM

I'm having issue to save my project back to PPM. I'm using 14.2 with Microsoft Project 2010.

Never have this issue before until now. When I save my project back to PPM, I get the error "Unknown exception received from server". Does anyone know why I'm getting this error message?

Any help would be appreciated!

• 2.  Re: CA Clarity PPM Interface error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 09:58 PM

One cause of this issue can be if data accidentally got put into one of the reserved fields in MSP such as Text1, Text2, Text3, or Flag1. If nothing is found in those fields, then support may need the mpp to look at the data or can determine if a query may need to be run for the project to resolve the issue.

• 3.  Re: CA Clarity PPM Interface error

Posted Sep 14, 2016 09:13 AM

Hi Kristin,

Thank you for the reply.

I cannot upload any project, not just a particular one.

I once created a project in PPM with no mpp file, and opened the project in MSP 2010 (it has nothing in it as expect), and I added one task and tried to save it back to PPM . I end up having the same error. This happens to all the projects in PPM. 

Any idea?

• 4.  Re: CA Clarity PPM Interface error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2016 09:47 AM

This issue turned out to be due to an issue with a couple of the custom mapping fields. An error showed up in the app-ca.logs referencing some illegal values, so we removed them from the MSP Mapping fields in Administration->MSP Field Mappings (Under Project Management) and then all projects could be saved back.