Endevor

• 1.  Benefits of the Eclipse plugin

Posted Sep 12, 2016 12:22 PM

I’m trying to show the benefits of the Eclipse plug in to teams here at our shop.  It’s my understanding that you need a license for Quick Edit in order to utilize features that Eclipse brings to the table.

I have the install guide but I’m looking for some presentation type of information of the benefits of Eclipse plug in.  Maybe if anyone has the some screen shots or a demo showing the time savings of Eclipse over TSO or even training time saved using Eclipse over TSO.

I also noticed it has support for two clients SOAP and RESTful.  Not being familiar with either, can anyone get me any benefits on one over the other or if one is easier to support or provide a better interface?  Security concerns?

How easy was it to deploy to users and what approach was taken to deploy the client to your user base?

Whether it is sales level related presentation material or something from another shop, I’d appreciate any information you can send my way.  I’m really trying to get this in-house and at lease show a POC of the tool…

Thanks in advance

• 2.  Re: Benefits of the Eclipse plugin

Posted Sep 14, 2016 09:42 AM

Hello Reginald,

I have discussed your community posting with the Endevor Product Owner and Peter  will be reaching out to you to go over your posting and answer all your questions. 

Tim O'Neill

Endevor Support