DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Using a the latest version of PostGreSQL

Posted Sep 12, 2016 11:52 AM

We are doing a fresh 10.x install. It comes bundled with PostGreSQL 9.2.4 which is over 3 years old. Are there any known issues with going with a latest version versus the default?

• 2.  Re: Using a the latest version of PostGreSQL
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 11:56 AM

If you install APM 10.3 which is current latest release then that will use Postgres 9.2.15

thanks

Mike

• 3.  Re: Using a the latest version of PostGreSQL

Posted Sep 12, 2016 12:01 PM

Thanks Mike, that's better than 9.2.4! Do you know if it will support 9.2.18?

• 4.  Re: Using a the latest version of PostGreSQL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 01:32 PM

Omari:

9.2.15 is listed in the compatibility guide so that is what is supported. 9.2.18 may or may not work . (Given it is a minor release it is more likely a may.) But if it is not in the compatibility guide, it is not publicly supported as far as I can tell. Marking as answered since two rounds of questions have responses. You are welcome to ask any followup questions

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: Using a the latest version of PostGreSQL

Posted Sep 12, 2016 01:42 PM

Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for to pass on. You and Mike have been of great help!

• 6.  Re: Using a the latest version of PostGreSQL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 01:25 PM
      |   view attached

Hi:

I attached a tech note that I created on APM and Postgres versions as a future reference

Thanks

Hal German

Attachment(s)

doc
    Postgres Release.doc   38 KB 1 version

• 7.  Re: Using a the latest version of PostGreSQL

Posted Sep 12, 2016 01:29 PM

Hal,

Thanks for the tech note. The version we plan on using is not listed in it. Do you have plans for adding notes for 10.3?

• 8.  Re: Using a the latest version of PostGreSQL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 01:43 PM

Hi Omari:

I also keep the information in a Knowledge Document. That includes 10.3 and will be kept current.

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1402184.aspx