Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Can anyone mention complete list of assertions which can be configured in Policy manager other then inbuilt assertions?

Posted Sep 14, 2016 01:55 AM

Actually there are many assertions which we cant see in inbuilt assertion but that can be configured.As i dont know all the assertions which can be configured ,i cannot confirm clients requirement if it is possible by layer 7 or not.Can some one please mention the list of assertions that are configured other then inbuilt assertions.

And obviously next question is how to configure them?

Please guide me with this.

• 2.  Re: Can anyone mention complete list of assertions which can be configured in Policy manager other then inbuilt assertions?

Posted Sep 14, 2016 03:46 PM

Hi SoniaMehta,

Are you asking for a complete listing of all non-standard assertions for the Gateway? Such as Tactical or other custom assertions.

Due to the tailored nature of many of those assertions, we generally don't expose any complete listing publicly. Most of the non-standard assertions solve very specific use cases.

If you have specific needs that the out-of-the-box Gateway assertion suite don't cover, I suggest you work with CA Support or other CA representation to better understand how the wide capabilities of the CA API Gateway can solve your specific use case or scenario. 

Cheers,

Ola

• 3.  Re: Can anyone mention complete list of assertions which can be configured in Policy manager other then inbuilt assertions?

Posted Sep 15, 2016 05:48 AM

Likesuppose i want to process CORS request..How can i do it?

• 4.  Re: Can anyone mention complete list of assertions which can be configured in Policy manager other then inbuilt assertions?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2016 01:01 PM

Sonia,

In version 9.1 of the Gateway has incorporated a CORS assertion that will process CORS requests. Process CORS Request Assertion - CA API Gateway - 9.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 5.  Re: Can anyone mention complete list of assertions which can be configured in Policy manager other then inbuilt assertions?

Posted Jan 27, 2017 11:05 AM

Hello,

Is there any reason why the CORS assertion cannot be used in older versions of the gateway?  Is there anything special about 9.1 that enables this assertion?  I ask because I have an 8.4 gateway instance running where I could potentially use it.  Any chance it could be made a tactical package?

Thanks,

Alejandro

• 6.  Re: Can anyone mention complete list of assertions which can be configured in Policy manager other then inbuilt assertions?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2016 06:47 PM

Sonia,

Did the posts above answer your question?

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support