DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Can SQL be used as the APM database?

Posted Sep 14, 2016 08:41 AM

I've noticed in the install docs that only PostGreSQL and Oracle are used for the APM database. Why isn't SQL used?

• 2.  Re: Can SQL be used as the APM database?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2016 09:02 AM

Hi Omari:

Can you be clearer what you mean. PostgreSQL (it is part of its name) and Oracle both support using SQL queries and operations@. Is there a specific database software that you have in mind?  CEM then APM supported Postgres since customers asked for it to be supported. Or do you mean a NoSQL database? 

Including Chris_Kline CoreyCohen to get a PM perspective

Thanks 

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Can SQL be used as the APM database?

Posted Sep 14, 2016 09:06 AM

Hey Hal,

I'm referring to using MSSQL as the APM database during the install.

• 4.  Re: Can SQL be used as the APM database?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2016 09:18 AM

Hi Omari:

Thanks for the clarification. So if you want it supported, then submit as an idea in this forum (if was not done already.) I already asked Product Management to respond as well. I have answered the question as far as I can go.

Hal German

APM Support

• 5.  Re: Can SQL be used as the APM database?

Posted Sep 14, 2016 09:23 AM

Thanks Hal! Will Product Management be responding in this thread? If not, then could you pass along the info that you get from them? 

• 6.  Re: Can SQL be used as the APM database?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2016 09:38 AM

Hi Omari:

I passed along the thread to them and asked them to respond if they can. But creating an idea and having other APM admins vote on it is the best path to get Product Management to consider this for a future release.

Thanks

Hal German

• 7.  Re: Can SQL be used as the APM database?

Posted Sep 14, 2016 09:42 AM

I will put out feelers and see how strongly our team feels about trying to use it. If they feel that it's something that we want then I will create the idea. Thanks for all the help Hal! I hope we get to see more info on the subject from the Product Management.

• 8.  Re: Can SQL be used as the APM database?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2016 09:25 AM

Dear Omari:

I am going to marked as answered since a response and next steps were given. I welcome as well Product Management's response. You are welcome to continue to add additional comments as well

Thanks

Hal German