Layer7 API Management

• 1.  MAG 2.2 Error

Posted Sep 14, 2016 01:18 PM

Hi,

Am trying to run sample MAG 2.2 app with IP address in place of hostname in the config file which has a relevant private key and certificate on the layer7 gateway created with IP address (apart from the private key with a default SSL with cluster hostname). When i click on the list items button in the app i get the error as below 

Can anyone help me understand if any configurations are missing.

Thanks

Prashanth Kyasa

• 2.  Re: MAG 2.2 Error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2016 02:43 PM

Hello PrashanthK. It seems more likely a mutual SSL issue, as you mentioned that you're trying to use the IP address instead of the hostname. For the mutual SSL to work, you will need to match the same hostname or IP address, used as your gateway (MAG Server) certificate. If you defined it as a hostname, than use a hostname. If you defined as an IP, then use its IP address.

Make sure you open up your policy manager and check the gateway's SSL certificate. This is the one you need to export and use inside your config file.

An off-topic question. Why are you using a such old version of MAG? We are at MAG 3.2 currently with plenty of new features to make the mobile developer's life so much easier  

• 3.  Re: MAG 2.2 Error

Posted Sep 16, 2016 03:05 PM

Thanks Alan, appreciate your detailed reply and yes you are right that i can use the latest MAG 3.2 version, but i can't help if my client is still using on MAG 2.2 

• 4.  Re: MAG 2.2 Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2016 01:09 PM

Prashanth,

Did Alan's post help resolve your issue?

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 5.  Re: MAG 2.2 Error

Posted Sep 16, 2016 03:12 PM

Hi Stephen,

Yes Alan's post has helped me,.All i did was create a private key with IP and made it default SSL and it worked. Ideally we should not be doing this, as in real-time environments its always host-name which is default SSL.

I had to switch to IP as in my case i was not able to connect to the layer7 server with host-name from my mobile device because of the network firewall issue.

Thanks

Prashanth Kyasa

• 6.  Re: MAG 2.2 Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2016 03:33 PM

I'm glad it worked!

Best regards,

--

Alan Cota.

Sr. Principal Consultant

CA API Management Presales

CA Technologies

Phone: +1 (214) 473-1039 | ext 11039

Mobile: +1 (972) 439-4545

Fax: +1 (972) 497-2766

alan.cota@ca.com<mailto:alan.cota@ca.com>

Get Outlook<https://aka.ms/qtex0l> for iOS

• 7.  Re: MAG 2.2 Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2016 03:33 PM

Prashanth,

That is great to hear that you were able to get past the issue.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support