Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to Create One Signature per operation with Different Request pairs in VSE

Posted Sep 14, 2016 02:33 PM

Hi ,

Currently I am working on creating virtualization service using request and response pairs. In that process we have more than combination of requests for same message [Example req1=10 elements , req2=13 elements]. When we importing the RR in DevTest then it creates multiple operations for every unique combination of the request [Default to Match Style="Signature"]. Is there any way while we create VSE we can instruct Match Style="Operation". So that all the request same operation will grouped in group. 

• 2.  Re: How to Create One Signature per operation with Different Request pairs in VSE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2016 11:14 AM

Rather than changing match style, I would insert the Request Data Manager DPH, and use "keep" to keep all the core arguments. All other arguments will be invisibly discarded, and your responses will all be related to the one request.

• 3.  Re: How to Create One Signature per operation with Different Request pairs in VSE

Posted Sep 19, 2016 12:05 PM

Rick,

We are supporting more than 10 messages and different services so it is difficult to maintain the DPH. Because elements are too much in request.

• 4.  Re: How to Create One Signature per operation with Different Request pairs in VSE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2016 12:20 PM

What is the transport & data protocol handlers in use?

Can you provide a sample request (after removing any sensitive data).?

• 5.  Re: How to Create One Signature per operation with Different Request pairs in VSE

Posted Sep 19, 2016 02:51 PM

Ia m using SOAP message HTTP protocol, you can take convertTemp example . Only different is for my messages is each request will have different elements for each test scenarios. 

Example: http://www.webservicex.net/ConvertTemperature.asmx?op=ConvertTemp