Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

CA Service Virtualization_port number already in use

• 1.  CA Service Virtualization_port number already in use

Posted Sep 15, 2016 07:58 AM

Hi,

I'm using CA LISA devtest portal application. At first I have created a VS using a port# and deleted accidently. Now I want to use same port# to create/override. But its not allowing me to do so and throwing "JVM bind issue. Port number already in use"

Is there any way to resolve this issue? I need same port# only because on the proxy settings in my application.

• 2.  Re: CA Service Virtualization_port number already in use
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 15, 2016 05:39 PM

Under Monitor/ VSE, verify if you don't have a virtual service listening on the same port. If yes, try to stop the VSM and then start the recorder.

You can also verify if you don't have a previous VSI in recording status that is using that same port.

Select the List option and then verify the services in 'Recording' status.

Hope it helps,

Heloisa

• 3.  Re: CA Service Virtualization_port number already in use

Posted Sep 16, 2016 12:33 AM

Thank you Mari. This helps to re-record with same port number. I have deleted from List and I was able to do. Thanks again.

• 4.  Re: CA Service Virtualization_port number already in use

Posted Sep 16, 2016 06:45 PM

Glad it helps Ananthi.

I marked the response as the correct response.

• 5.  Re: CA Service Virtualization_port number already in use

Posted Sep 26, 2016 08:46 AM

Hi Maria Heloisa Flores,

I have one query for the above scenario,

Unfortunately i have deleted the recorder also in VSE then obviously we cannot see the virtual service name in the list..

In this above case, what is the solution??

• 6.  Re: CA Service Virtualization_port number already in use

Posted Sep 26, 2016 04:06 PM

Depending when you deleted the VSM and if you exercised it, it can be available under Reporting/Virtual Service Metrics/ Transaction Daily Counts.

If your logging level is set to INFO or DEBUG you should also have the VSM name in the vse log files (vse.log).

• 7.  Re: CA Service Virtualization_port number already in use

Posted Sep 27, 2016 07:36 AM

Thanks for response..

I am using to CA DevTest Portal only.

Could please provide some detailed steps where exactly the deleted recorder is available..

Where i can see the log files and logging level is set to INFO or DEBUG..

Thanks in advance

• 8.  Re: CA Service Virtualization_port number already in use

Posted Sep 27, 2016 08:00 AM

On logging in DevTest, including DevTest Portal, please see Logging - DevTest Solutions - 9.5 - CA Technologies Documentation and   logging.properties - DevTest Solutions - 9.5 - CA Technologies Documentation.

For your convenience: You will find the portal and vse log files in LISA_HOME/lisatmp_<***>. File LISA_HOME/logging.properties includes the log level setting.

• 9.  Re: CA Service Virtualization_port number already in use

Posted Sep 27, 2016 08:24 AM

Not sure if I understand your question and problem correctly, but if you really deleted the VSE Recorder in the Portal and the VS in VSE on the same system - as in the original problem - you should be able to start a new VSE Recorder session. Otherwise, the pending/recording VSE session should show up in the portal like Maria described. If this does not work, please provide the error you are getting and the steps you took beforehand. 

• 10.  Re: CA Service Virtualization_port number already in use

Posted Sep 27, 2016 09:30 AM

Hi Ulrich_Vogt,

Nice to see you again.

Actually you already gave one solution (cmd-netstat -a -b -o)..Since am having the access restriction not able to solve the issue.

Also not able to use the same port number. That's why am asking any other way to solve the above issue in portal itself.

Thanks in advance.