Service Virtualization

• 1.  How can we filter test cases by config file name in DevTest Portal?

Posted Sep 15, 2016 12:29 AM

I have run the Same Test Case Using 10 different config files.

Each config file has environment details of a  particular environment i want to run the test case in.

Now when i go to Monitoring tests tab in DevTest Portal, I am unable to filter it by the Config File name which also refers to the environment i ran it in.

Now taking the cursor over the name of test case shows the config, but if i run the test case 2 times a day in 10 different environments, it gets tough to filter out a particular test case which ran in an environment.

The only filters that are present are Filter "by Name" or Filter by "Executed By".

In any manner if i can add the config file as a filter or as a column at least in the monitoring tests tab on the DevTest Portal or any other way to get this done.

I am on DevTest 9.1 Version.

Thanks In advance.

• 2.  Re: How can we filter test cases by config file name in DevTest Portal?

Posted Sep 15, 2016 05:05 AM

Currently, there is no option to add the project configuration file or the staging doc used for the tests as columns to the table and as filter options to select. Given your use case I agree that these are very useful enhancements, and I recommend to create an idea in our idea section for the product.

• 3.  Re: How can we filter test cases by config file name in DevTest Portal?

Posted Sep 21, 2016 06:05 AM

Where can i do that ?

Would you be having the link to it.

• 4.  Re: How can we filter test cases by config file name in DevTest Portal?

Posted Sep 21, 2016 06:49 AM

When you are logged in, go to our DevTest community home page. There is an 'Actions' menu in the upper right corner of the web page.

If you click the 'Idea' icon a page opens to enter a description of your idea. This is very similar to entering a question to this forum. Once saved, your idea is published in the 'Idea' section of this community. Do not forget to add tags to your idea to make it easy for others to find it.

Hope that helps.

• 5.  Re: How can we filter test cases by config file name in DevTest Portal?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 21, 2016 07:24 AM

Idea Created with the below title.

DevTest Portal : Filter Test Cases by Config File name

Thank you for your help.