DX NetOps

• 1.  spectrum not starting

Posted Sep 15, 2016 06:34 AM

H all,

am getting below error while trying to access one click application in  tomcat logs.

INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
    Sep 15, 2016 3:44:03 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
    SEVERE: Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
    java.net.BindException: Address already in use <null>:8080

When starting spectro server, am seeing below error.

Failed to connect to CORBA Naming Service on corbaloc::sdcsrvems002:14006/NameService, will retry in 5 seconds

please help to fix.  spectrum : 9.4.2.1 server: solaris 10

• 2.  Re: spectrum not starting

Posted Sep 15, 2016 06:43 AM

Hi, 

It looks like some process has still bound the socket on port 8080. 

I don't know if there's an equivalent to lsof on Solaris, but on a linux host i would do something like: 

lsof -i -Pn | grep 8080 

to identify the process that is currently binding the socket on the port and shut down / terminate the process. 

Maybe there's an "old" instance of the tomcat still running, or some other process binds the port due to some misconfiguration.

• 3.  Re: spectrum not starting

Posted Sep 15, 2016 07:01 AM

Hi,

I dont see this command 

lsof -i -Pn | grep 8080 

getting error command not found

• 4.  Re: spectrum not starting

Posted Sep 15, 2016 07:06 AM

Hi,

yes, lsof does not exist on Solaris, that's why i was speaking about a maybe existing equivalent to the command. 

On a Linux hosts, lsof shows you all open files, and with the -i switch all sockets aswell, and the processes which use the file / socket. 

Maybe there is some similiar command on Solaris, but i don't know Solaris that well anymore. 

What you could try is: 

netstat -un -P tcp

Which should list you open connections and process IDs. Port 8080 may be occuring within this list. 

Best regards

Marco

• 5.  Re: spectrum not starting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2016 07:51 AM
      |   view attached

As Marco notes it looks like something else is bound to the ports.  If you are still having issues tracking it down, please open a case for one of us to assist you.

Thanks!

Jay