CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

No initial data from SDM to xflow interface

• 1.  No initial data from SDM to xflow interface

Posted Sep 16, 2016 11:16 AM

I have installed patch 14.1.3 including xflow on SDM in our development environment. Since it is only a development environment we are using only one Virtual machine to host everything (ie SDM, SQL etc).  I have followed the installation instructions and all components seem to have installed ok.However when I open the xflow interface it comes up but there is nothing in my que and the team que. There are 20 items in Unassigned  but when I click on them it says 'working on it' and eventually comes up with the message 'server unavailable, please contact administrator' as shown below. Is there anything I else I need to set considering all servers are installed on the same VM? Any pointer would be most welcome

• 2.  Re: No initial data from SDM to xflow interface

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2016 11:25 AM

Suki,

As all the components are on the same host, can you confirm how much RAM you have on this node?  8GB will be bare minimum for this, if everything  (SDM only) were to be on the same node.

_R

• 3.  Re: No initial data from SDM to xflow interface

Posted Sep 16, 2016 11:37 AM

Raghu,

Thanks for a quick reply. The RAM on that node is 64G

• 4.  Re: No initial data from SDM to xflow interface

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2016 11:53 AM

That should be enough resources for basic testing J

Maybe there is something else going on, one of the obvious items that we've found around this error was lack of resources.  That's why I hit you up on that question right away.

Are you able to raise a support case for this? My guess is that we need to take a stab at this over a remote session/analysis of xFlow logs / SDM logs.

_R

• 5.  Re: No initial data from SDM to xflow interface

Posted Sep 20, 2016 05:21 AM

During the installation I used all the default values. However I've just been looking through my notes and noted the following. I'm not sure if this is cause.:

in step 12b  of the installation it says

• Search Server HTTP Port: Provide the search server port details.The default value is 9012.

the default value I was offered was 9300 and so I left it at 9300.

If this needs to change do I need to run the in staller again?

• 6.  Re: No initial data from SDM to xflow interface

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2016 09:56 AM

9300 is CA Search's broadcast port, inmcase a clustered configuration of CA Search is being attempted.

9012 is the default port for CA Search.

_R

• 7.  Re: No initial data from SDM to xflow interface

Posted Sep 20, 2016 11:54 AM

Yes, It’s set to 9012 as it should be.

• 8.  Re: No initial data from SDM to xflow interface

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2017 02:15 PM

Suki..........

Is this issue with xFlow still occurring in your DEV environment?

Did you raise a CA Support case as directed by Raghu.Rudraraju for assistance?

• 9.  Re: No initial data from SDM to xflow interface

Posted Feb 10, 2017 04:22 AM

was wondering if we come to a conclusion for this issue?

/J

• 10.  Re: No initial data from SDM to xflow interface

Posted Feb 10, 2017 04:48 AM

Yes, with help from CA Support this issue was resolved.

• 11.  Re: No initial data from SDM to xflow interface

Posted Feb 10, 2017 04:57 AM

thanks may eventually be useful for others if you share the output here

/J

• 12.  Re: No initial data from SDM to xflow interface

Posted Jun 14, 2017 04:43 AM

Hi Marksman1,

What is the solution to the problem? have the same case.

• 13.  Re: No initial data from SDM to xflow interface

Posted Jun 14, 2017 05:38 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

My issues was that when I open the xflow interface it comes up but there was nothing in my que and the team que. There were 20 items in Unassigned but when I clicked on them it said  'working on it' and eventually comes up with the message 'server unavailable, please contact administrator' .

The issue was related to our data (development server) and some discrepancies in the urgency data which did not have the valid enum code in the request ticket. This was causing the issue with xflow interface. Once we picked the right 'enum' code value the issue was fixed. You can also update the same from the web interface by opening the specific Ticket and updating the urgency in this case. It seems if you manually enter an invalid code (not from the dropdown) the system just takes it without validating it but caused this issue.

Marksman1