Service Virtualization

• 1.  how to connect to Oracle 11 database using jdbc driver in Ca Lisa 7.5.2?

Posted Sep 19, 2016 03:20 AM

Hi ,

I am trying to connect to Oracle 11 using Lisa 7.5.2 using jdbc driver, can anyone specify the format of connection string? 

• 2.  Re: how to connect to Oracle 11 database using jdbc driver in Ca Lisa 7.5.2?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 19, 2016 04:10 AM

Please section 'Configure LISA to use Oracle' (page 48 of the CA LISA Administration guide 7.5.2) in chapter '2: Database Administration', section 'External Database Configuration'. 

For your convenience:

Screenshot from documentation

Hope that helps.

• 3.  Re: how to connect to Oracle 11 database using jdbc driver in Ca Lisa 7.5.2?

Posted Sep 21, 2016 06:48 AM

Hi Ulrich, 

I have created a JDBC asset and provided JDBC driver name , username , password and connection string in the specified format .. But when I try to verify the asset by clicking on Green arrow button , it keeps verifying the asset , only 35% progress is shown ....can you provide possible fixes for it or what is the problem ........I have to configure my JDBC test step to run a query.. Please suggest

• 4.  Re: how to connect to Oracle 11 database using jdbc driver in Ca Lisa 7.5.2?

Posted Sep 21, 2016 07:07 AM

Sorry, I do not have a LISA 7.5.2 test environment anymore, and without any further diagnostic information (log files) it is hard to offer an educated guess of the problem cause. Is there anything that prevents you from upgrading to a more recent and supported DevTest (fka LISA) version? I suggest to contact CA support for further help.

• 5.  Re: how to connect to Oracle 11 database using jdbc driver in Ca Lisa 7.5.2?

Posted Sep 21, 2016 09:15 AM

Thanks Ulrich , problem is resolved .