CA Service Management

• 1.  Client Impact / Backout

Posted Sep 19, 2016 09:19 AM

I'd like to modify Xtraction to show Client Impact / Backout (Tab #6 under Additional Information in Change Order), but I don't know where it is in the CMDB. What tables are used for this tab?

• 2.  Re: Client Impact / Backout

Posted Sep 19, 2016 10:53 AM

Hi Marc,  the Backout Plan, Est Cost, actual cost, etc. are fields that are stored in the Chg table in the MDB database.  You may have to add those fields to the Xtraction data model to be able to use them in dashboards.

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Client Impact / Backout

Posted Sep 19, 2016 11:43 AM

Hi Jon_Israel,

Ah ok. I see that Backout Plan is in Xtraction list, but I don't know where "Client Impact" and "Implementation Plan" is. Do you know the actual column names for these?

• 4.  Re: Client Impact / Backout

Posted Sep 19, 2016 02:13 PM

Hi Mac - Client Impact appears to be a custom field as I do not see that one on my system.  That appears to be something that you guys have added as a custom field.   The Implementation Plan field is called "effort" in the database on the chg table

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Client Impact / Backout

Posted Sep 19, 2016 02:29 PM

I thought this was going to be an easy implementation. I'll keep digging. Thanks Jon_Israel!

• 6.  Re: Client Impact / Backout

Posted Sep 19, 2016 02:50 PM

Found it. "Client Impact" is saved in MDB table BUSINESS_CASE. Can you check if this is still a custom field?

I'm also confirming that "Implementation Plan" is in table EFFORT.

• 7.  Re: Client Impact / Backout
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 19, 2016 04:00 PM

Hi Marc,

I dont see  "client impact" anywhere on my system, so it looks like you guys edited the form to change the label on the Business Case field to be Client Impact.  I have Business Case out of the box:

Implementation Plan is definitely the Effort field on the Chg table.  I just verified that.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 8.  Re: Client Impact / Backout

Posted Sep 21, 2016 05:14 PM

Hi marc.see - Did Jon_Israel's response help answer your question? If so please Mark Correct. Thanks!