Clarity

• 1.  Renaming OTB Tabs & Subpage links

Posted Sep 19, 2016 05:56 AM

As of now, OTB tabs & subpage links are not editable, can it be made editable in future Clarity versions?

For example , the Team tab in project we need to rename it to say Team Members or Organization Members.

• 2.  Re: Renaming OTB Tabs & Subpage links
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 20, 2016 09:06 PM

Have you tried using 'Translate' on the required item, and modifying the text for your language?  We renamed the 'Team' tab on the project this way.  This was in V14.3.

• 3.  Re: Renaming OTB Tabs & Subpage links

Posted Nov 08, 2017 08:56 AM

Dear roland.parrotte,

Can you please navigate me where should I find this "Translate" functionality in Clarity? 

I'd like to use the same trick however don't know how. 

Thanks, 

Matej 

• 4.  Re: Renaming OTB Tabs & Subpage links

Posted Nov 08, 2017 12:15 PM

For that particular Team tab you need to go to the Project default layout page in Administration - Studio - Portlet pages

When you have the list of tabs displayed there is the translate icon next the name.

In some earlier versions you did not have your current language in the list so you would have to set the language to something else first before you could edit it. That does not seem to be the case in 15.2 where my language is English and English is in the list.

• 5.  Re: Renaming OTB Tabs & Subpage links

Posted Nov 09, 2017 02:36 AM

Hi Urmas, 

Aaaah, I have never noticed that small icon. That perfectly do what I want. Thanks!
    May I ask if you know if it's possible to somehow set visibility of menu of "Collaboration" tab (currently renamed to "Documents"). We would like to have only "Documents" section there. I'd expect it would be set up in Project default layout -> Configure tabs, but there is nothing  Thanks

Clarity 15.3

Matej

• 6.  Re: Renaming OTB Tabs & Subpage links

Posted Nov 09, 2017 04:01 AM

There has been discussion about not displaying collaboration tab. My recollection is the same as your finding that there are no options for the user to make modifications.
    The way I understand that would require customization and the best option would be to create a new project layout, but as said that is not possible for a user.

• 7.  Re: Renaming OTB Tabs & Subpage links

Posted Nov 10, 2017 01:59 AM

OK, thanks!.