DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Globally change all probe profile settings?

Posted Sep 19, 2016 02:29 PM

Hello, wondering what method could I use to accomplish the following. We have to change all instances of our url_response probe and w/in all active profiles that are setup up, we have to change w/in the probes cfg to turn on sampling and alert at 3 samples. Right now they are all set to average=no. So have to change "average=yes" and add the line: "max_samples=3"

Its not a global setting w/in the probe otherwise would just create an updated archive package and deploy.

Since each profile has its own unique name, can we use a pu command or a script to go thru each instance, traverse each profile and then make the following change below?

<profile>

<profile_name>  //could be many of these and all different

<alarm>

average=yes

max_samples=3

Has anyone done anything similar to this in the past that they could share?

• 2.  Re: Globally change all probe profile settings?

Posted Sep 20, 2016 12:19 PM

bump....

• 3.  Re: Globally change all probe profile settings?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2016 09:34 PM

Hi.

This is tricky topic to achive and let me try to see if the following approach works for you.

I'm not going to say this is the best.

\> pu -u *** -p YYY /<domain>/<hub>/<robot>/controller probe_config_set url_response "profile/profile_01/alarm" average yes "" <robot>

\> pu -u *** -p YYY /<domain>/<hub>/<robot>/controller probe_config_set url_response "profile/profile_01/alarm" max_samples 3 "" <robot>

Regards,

Yu

• 4.  Re: Globally change all probe profile settings?

Posted Sep 21, 2016 11:11 AM

Hi Yu,

Thanks. Issue is I don't have the full list of all the profiles defined w/in each url_response probe instance. I can get a list of all the url_response probe instances by doing a Tools - Find - Probe - url_response and I then have each instances location/address. 

With that list I can then throw them all into excel and add the

pu -u -p [location of each url_response instance address] get_info

Copy that out then modify so I could run in bat format and re-direct to a txt file.

That would return the full list of all profiles w/in each probe instance.

Then I could extract all the profile names and then throw them into excel again with the commands above to modify each profile's settings. 

Its a bit messy but might work and save me some time. 

Thanks,

Dan