Clarity

• 1.  Error deleting 13.3 notifications in Firefox

Posted Sep 20, 2016 02:56 AM

Anybody else getting error when deleting notifications in 13.3 in FIrefox (48)?

No matter how many you select. Happens at least on two different systems.

This is repeatable at will.

Luckily no error in Chrome.

• 2.  Re: Error deleting 13.3 notifications in Firefox
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2016 03:22 AM

Hello urmas,

There are known issues using Firefox 41 or later due to an internal code change in Mozilla browser. You might see many other similar issues as this is not exclusive to the page that you are mentioning.

This has been documented in the following KB Article:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1040434.aspx

This has been fixed in 14.3 patch 1 and later releases.

I would recommend that you use a different supported browser and that you plan for a PPM upgrade to the latest available release; this is because FF 40 or earlier are not supported by Mozilla anymore and do not include the latest security patches. As a reminder, Clarity PPM 13.3 will be out of support on October 30 as well.

Thanks,

Marc

• 3.  Re: Error deleting 13.3 notifications in Firefox

Posted Sep 20, 2016 03:31 AM

Thanks.

Now I do have a faint recollection about reading about that. So it is not getting any better with later versions of Firefox.

I do have a choice of the browser, but you must be aware that upgrade is an organizational (business) decision and not that simple.

• 4.  Re: Error deleting 13.3 notifications in Firefox

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2016 03:39 AM

It is not getting better in later versions of Firefox nor it will be...

The reason is that the code change is about a defect that was fixed in Firefox - so it shoud not be rolled back. A function used by PPM is returning different (now correct) results in FF41+. Before, we were using the buggy results so that it could work in FF.

Regards,

Marc