Service Virtualization

• 1.  Required Jar files for Oracle AQ

Posted Sep 20, 2016 07:50 AM

Hi,

Can you please let me know what are the dependent jar files required for running oracle aq calls? I added below list of jars but I'm getting "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/jms/AQjmsFactory" error. It looks like I'm missing some jar files. Can you please provide me suggestions on the complete list of jars that are required to run oracle aq calls?

List of jars added:
    1) aqapi.jar
    2) ojdbc6.jar
    3) runtime12.jar

Thanks,
    Siva

• 2.  Re: Required Jar files for Oracle AQ

Posted Sep 20, 2016 12:28 PM

You already have the necessary jars.  oracle.jms.AQjmsFactory is in aqapi.jar.

In Java, if a class fails to load for any reason, any subsequent references will throw NoClassDefFoundErrors without telling you the original reason it couldn't be loaded.  Can you check your Workstation log for other any other errors that appear before that one? 

What version of DevTest are you using?  Some parts of the Oracle AQ client library are not compatible with Java 8, which we switched to with recent version of DevTest. It's possible that this has something to do with why AQjmsFactory cannot be loaded.

We ended support for Oracle AQ in DevTest 9.5, although the steps remain in the product for now.  You are actually the first user of Oracle AQ I've heard about in several years.

• 3.  Re: Required Jar files for Oracle AQ
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 20, 2016 01:31 PM

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the information. Initially, I copied the jar files in hotDeploy folder as per the warning message thrown by DevTest when i created Oracle AQ step. I gave a retry after your confirmation on jar files with files copied to lib folder and it is working fine now. I'm getting a different error now but it makes sense as i'm not passing the credentials in the connection details.

Failed to execute Messaging/ESB process: JMS-232: An invalid user/password was specified for the JMS connection
    javax.jms.JMSSecurityException: JMS-232: An invalid user/password was specified for the JMS connection

I used 9.1 version for testing configuration but my project team still uses 8.3. So, i believe testing AQ shouldn't be a problem as 8.3 doesn't support java 8.

Thanks,

Siva

• 4.  Re: Required Jar files for Oracle AQ

Posted Apr 24, 2018 02:13 PM

Hi Kevin,

I have placed the below jar files in hotDeploy and lib folders of my installation directory.  

Jars:   aqapi.jar, runtime12.jar, ojdbc5_g.jar, translator.jar

DevTest Version: 10.3

1. Tested the connectivity with the database server and it is able to connect successfully 

which is expected as I have not enabled either publisher or subscriber.

2. Enabled the Publisher Info and tested,

then I am getting this error.

Can you please check and let me know what is the issue here.

Kevin.Bowman

Best Regards,

Venkata Yedida  

• 5.  Re: Required Jar files for Oracle AQ

Posted Apr 24, 2018 06:05 PM

Try putting the jar files in *only* lib/shared, and *not* in hotDeploy.

If that doesn't work then you will probably have to search your log for another error that appears before the NoClassDefFoundError.