Service Virtualization

• 1.  how to configure client truststore certificates (.pem and .jks format) for JMS queues in CA Lisa 7.5.2?

Posted Sep 20, 2016 03:06 AM

Hi,

I am trying to configure JMS solace message queues in CA Lisa 7.5.2 , while testing my queues below error message was displayed -

Error -  Failed to execute Messaging/ESB process: Trust Store must be specified when validating certificates

Stack Trace - javax.naming.NamingException: Trust Store must be specified when validating certificates
    at com.solacesystems.jndi.SolJNDIInitialContextFactory$SolJNDIInitialContextImpl.lookup(SolJNDIInitialContextFactory.java:209)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
    at com.itko.lisa.jms.JndiUtils.lookupWithExpectedType(JndiUtils.java:45)
    at com.itko.lisa.jms.JMSQueueEngine.setUpConnectionFactory(JMSQueueEngine.java:403)
    at com.itko.lisa.jms.JMSQueueEngine.getSession(JMSQueueEngine.java:321)
    at com.itko.lisa.jms.JMSQueueEngine.prepare(JMSQueueEngine.java:120)
    at com.itko.lisa.jms.JMSNode.openExec(JMSNode.java:1623)
    at com.itko.lisa.jms.JMSNodeEditor$31.doCallback(JMSNodeEditor.java:2199)
    at com.itko.util.swing.panels.ProcessingDialog$2.run(ProcessingDialog.java:194)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I have 2 certificates for Solace queues(.pem and .jks format), please tell how to configure them?

• 2.  Re: how to configure client truststore certificates (.pem and .jks format) for JMS queues in CA Lisa 7.5.2?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 20, 2016 03:47 AM

It looks like you have two options:

1. Edit/add your local.properties file and add two lines that point to your trust store .jks file:

javax.net.ssl.trustStore=<absolute path to your .jks file>
    javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=<password for your .jks file>

2. Edit your JMS step and add some custom properties under 'Server Connection Info' -> 'Advanced':

Solace_JMS_SSL_TrustStore = <path to your .jks file>

Solace_JMS_SSL_TrustStorePassword = <password for your .jks file>

(Those properties are from this documentation)

Option 1 will probably interfere with other trust stores built into DevTest, so I would recommend option 2.  Put your .jks file into your project under the Data/ directory, and enter '{{LISA_PROJ_ROOT}}/Data/<your .jks file>' for the 'Solace_JMS_SSL_TrustStore' property.

• 3.  Re: how to configure client truststore certificates (.pem and .jks format) for JMS queues in CA Lisa 7.5.2?

Posted Sep 21, 2016 05:38 AM

Hi Kevin_Bowen,

Could you please let me know where exactly comes the "Server Connection Info" -> "Advanced" option in the JMS step?

Thanks,

Abhishek

• 4.  Re: how to configure client truststore certificates (.pem and .jks format) for JMS queues in CA Lisa 7.5.2?

Posted Sep 21, 2016 09:14 AM

Hi Abhi,

add JMS JNDI step open that step you will find server connection info , and in that tab you can see advanced button .Click on it and add properties.

• 5.  Re: how to configure client truststore certificates (.pem and .jks format) for JMS queues in CA Lisa 7.5.2?

Posted Sep 22, 2016 05:01 AM

Hi ,

Thanks for the answer.

Regards,

Abhishek

• 6.  Re: how to configure client truststore certificates (.pem and .jks format) for JMS queues in CA Lisa 7.5.2?

Posted Sep 21, 2016 11:16 AM

The 'Advanced' button:

Use the '+' button to add the Solace JMS properties:

• 7.  Re: how to configure client truststore certificates (.pem and .jks format) for JMS queues in CA Lisa 7.5.2?

Posted Sep 22, 2016 05:01 AM

Hi Kevin_Bowen,

Thanks for the detailed explaination.

Regards,

Abhishek