IT Process Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

hi all, i am new to PAM trying to use the command execution run script operator, but when i key in the working directory it keeps indicating that the expression i put in is wrong, anyone know of any quick start guide for this.

• 1.  hi all, i am new to PAM trying to use the command execution run script operator, but when i key in the working directory it keeps indicating that the expression i put in is wrong, anyone know of any quick start guide for this.

Posted Sep 20, 2016 05:29 AM

hi all, i am new to PAM trying to use the command execution run script operator, but when i key in the working directory it keeps indicating that the expression i put in is wrong, anyone know of any quick start guide for this.

• 2.  Re: hi all, i am new to PAM trying to use the command execution run script operator, but when i key in the working directory it keeps indicating that the expression i put in is wrong, anyone know of any quick start guide for this.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2016 06:30 AM

What value are you trying to use for the directory? Are you using a literal string or a variable?  if this is a path on a Windows computer, check that any backslashes ("\") are doubled.  Use "c:\\temp" instead of "c:\temp", for example.

• 3.  Re: hi all, i am new to PAM trying to use the command execution run script operator, but when i key in the working directory it keeps indicating that the expression i put in is wrong, anyone know of any quick start guide for this.

Posted Sep 20, 2016 07:57 AM

hi bill, i am just tried adding quote it does not throw errors, "E:\temp\" but i am not exactly sure where do i specific the script. is there another place to specific the script or we can just put it as "E:\temp\script.bat"

• 4.  Re: hi all, i am new to PAM trying to use the command execution run script operator, but when i key in the working directory it keeps indicating that the expression i put in is wrong, anyone know of any quick start guide for this.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2016 10:31 AM

In the properties of the run script operator there is an "inline script" field that is a button to open the text editor to enter your script. 

• 5.  Re: hi all, i am new to PAM trying to use the command execution run script operator, but when i key in the working directory it keeps indicating that the expression i put in is wrong, anyone know of any quick start guide for this.

Posted Sep 20, 2016 09:48 PM

thanks for the info Andrew, I am using existing .bat , I think this case I can should use the "Run Program operator" am I right?

• 6.  Re: hi all, i am new to PAM trying to use the command execution run script operator, but when i key in the working directory it keeps indicating that the expression i put in is wrong, anyone know of any quick start guide for this.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2016 09:51 AM

Yes.  Or you can copy the contents of the bat file into the inline script field of the "run script" operator.