Clarity

• 1.  How to copy Last updated by maintaining format

Posted Sep 21, 2016 02:40 AM

If you look at the last_updated_by field in the database it appears to contain the user ID.

If you put that in an object based portlet it displays as Full name or Last_name ||', '|| First_name

If you copy the field content to a custom field with update in a gel script the content in the db still looks as user ID.

However when you put it in an object based portlet it is displayed as username.

Note that the custom field is associated with Browse Resources sch_browse_users lookup.

How can I display the content as Full name in the same format as Last updated by?

If the field were not associated with a lookup but free text the format could be handled in the update query in gel.

• 2.  Re: How to copy Last updated by maintaining format
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 21, 2016 03:51 AM

The lookup that you have associated with your z_closed_by attribute needs to return as its display value the full_name not the user_name/uniquename.

(I tend to use LOOKUP_RESOURCES)

• 3.  Re: How to copy Last updated by maintaining format

Posted Sep 21, 2016 05:28 AM

Sorry didn't see your reply before I added mine, but think we are on the same wave length

• 4.  Re: How to copy Last updated by maintaining format

Posted Sep 21, 2016 04:29 AM

Looks like the display attribute of the lookup you selected isn't what you wanted. (uses unique_id)

Just to check, if you place this on an object instance edit view, do you see the same output?

To resolve this, I suspect you need to rebuild the attribute with a lookup that has display attribute of full_name