Service Virtualization

• 1.  In a Test Suite, How can we run multiple test cases with different config file?

Posted Sep 21, 2016 06:16 AM

Created a test suite which consists of 2 test cases.

Also i created 2 different config files.

Now i want to Run Test case 1 with Config file 1

and Test case 2 with config file 2 .

Its easy if you want to run them individually, but when i try the same thing in a suite i am unable to find an option to do that.

By default , in the suite both the test cases run with the config file which is active in the project.

so basically i am only able to run both test cases in the suite with only one config file at a time.

I am on DevTest 9.1

If you have a solution please post it.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: In a Test Suite, How can we run multiple test cases with different config file?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2016 06:22 AM

Create a suite for your first test case, using your first config file and a staging document, and test it to make sure it works ok.

Do the same for your second test case & config file.

Now create a new suite, and tell it that you want to use suites rather than tests. Can you select your two previously-created suites? Do they run with their own tests and config files?

• 3.  Re: In a Test Suite, How can we run multiple test cases with different config file?

Posted Sep 21, 2016 07:47 AM

I implemented what you have suggested and noticed that if i don't choose a config in the run window(attached screen shotSuite run screenshot)

Then, by default it picks the project.config file, doesn't serve my purpose.

Actually the main aim is to Run the test suite using test runner, that's why individual test case should run with their respective config file in the suite and i am unable to achieve that.