SchulzP

IDMS 18.5 - Problem deleting a Record - DC601046

Discussion created by SchulzP on Sep 21, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 10, 2016 by Mlauzana

I’m looking for advice on how to address the following problem.

 

I have a procedure that was given to me by a previous employee (that apparently used to work well). The procedure is copying a dialog from one CV to another (Production to Test in this case).

 

The procedure, of course, starts with extracting the Dialog and associated maps, records, elements from production. These are put into files that are, in turn, used in an ‘upload’ job which deletes the dialog and associated maps, records, elements from test and then adds the dialog, etc to the test CV.

 

I have run into a DC601046 error attempting to delete a record from the target (test) system – See the attached screenshot. After this error I get other errors – DC601006 – which I initially assumed were because of the first Record issue, but after looking closer it appears that the elements it is trying to delete are not related to the record in any way.

 

This thread looked promising so I tried it. https://communities.ca.com/thread/100655843 (I didn’t have SQL access enabled but it was easy to enable.)

 

After SETting BUILDER_036='D' (it was ‘C’) I tried to run my ‘upload’ job from the top. This produced a more significant problem – an S000 U3134 abend - at the point of the 'delete Skeleton-map-record' statement. with Message DC601900 and Error Code 0069 showing in the sysout on the DDDLDEL step. Not sure what 0069 means (0069 is major code = 00 and minor code = 69). The job had more informative messages: DC410003 and DC410006. The first indicates "DNS SEND/RECEIVE Failure Status is : 5839" and the 5839 (major 58 and minor 39) indicates "SVC SEND/RECEIVE This front-end has lost contact with the back-end CV. Check the back-end system's DC log for more information." The DC410006 indicates "DNS Processing error, Function is  RECEIVE_AND_WAIT, Status is XMIT Error DTS: Abend on path's subsequent downstream node DTS: Logical connections to node disabled DTS: Physical connection to node disabled"

So I tried switching back to BUILDER_036='C'.
This got me back to where I was before -- I think. Maybe I need to delete the skeleton-map-record manually. (The elements within are independently created so won't impact them. And the process does try to recreate skeleton-map-record with the same elements. It is "copied into" hundreds of maps and programs.) But I think deleting the skeleton-map-record will only fix that one error and I have 94 others – most of which are DC601006 on deletion of elements.

 

 -paul

Attachments

Outcomes