CA Service Management

• 1.  Send notification about Status Update, Log Comment, Transfer

Posted Sep 22, 2016 03:07 AM

Is there a way of creating Condition, which would check who updated a Request and if it is assignee of that ticket, do not send the 'Status Update', 'Log Comment' and other notifications?

From the other side, I would like the assignee to receive notification only by updates triggered either by the system (SLA violations) or by other Analysts or Users updating their tickets.

I contacted CA Support and they pointed me to Communities, but I did not found any useful post for this.

• 2.  Re: Send notification about Status Update, Log Comment, Transfer

Posted Sep 22, 2016 03:14 AM

Hi 

Have you looked at the Notification Rules? The first item sound like could be done using this as you can attach conditions to Activity Notifications.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Send notification about Status Update, Log Comment, Transfer

Posted Sep 22, 2016 03:15 AM

Hello Brian,

that was my initial thought to do it with Conditions, but how would you define the condition?

• 4.  Re: Send notification about Status Update, Log Comment, Transfer
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 22, 2016 03:35 AM

Hi Pavel,

I think the condition would check if the last_mod_by is the same as assignee. And then for that notification you simply don't add the assignee to the object contacts that are notified.

P.S. I have tested this, but sounds logical doable in my mind ;-)

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 5.  Re: Send notification about Status Update, Log Comment, Transfer

Posted Sep 22, 2016 12:30 PM

PavelO,

I had a similar requirement to check if the last mod by was the customer and then update status.  I think you may find this useful.  The last_mod_by notification association attribute had to be created first before it is visible.

SDM - Take action if Log Comment is 'Created By' Customer 

Regards,

J.W.

• 6.  Re: Send notification about Status Update, Log Comment, Transfer

Posted Sep 23, 2016 02:16 AM

Thanks J. W.

I did actually figured this out by the answer from Brian, but your guide is self explanatory.