DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Best Practice to rename hub or robot

Posted Sep 22, 2016 12:10 PM

Hello all,

What is the best practice to rename a hub or robot? I´ve tried to do here in controller:

but after restart, the probe hdb became red, showing that it was fail to up. I´ve tried to chance in robot.cfg but sometimes the hub stoped to communicating with primary hub. What I´ve missing?

Regards,

Fernando

• 2.  Re: Best Practice to rename hub or robot

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2016 03:05 PM

If you are changing the host name and or IP address of the machine this will cause the robot to invalidate the probes

You will need to update the robot.cfg and hub.cfg with the new information.

Once the device is up you will need to verify the probes in IM.

If you have tunnels setup or static mappings you would need to update these as well

If you are just changing the robotname in the robot.cfg you need to make sure all references in the robot.cfg and or the hub.cfg are changed as well.

• 3.  Re: Best Practice to rename hub or robot

Broadcom Employee

• 4.  RE: Re: Best Practice to rename hub or robot

Posted Dec 13, 2019 08:34 AM
    Is there any chance to get a  actual workling link for these ones ?

• 5.  RE: Re: Best Practice to rename hub or robot

Posted Dec 13, 2019 09:07 AM
    Found it
    https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=137766&_ga=2.2026617.915874034.1576243733-1726734163.1576243733

• 6.  Re: Best Practice to rename hub or robot
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 23, 2016 01:54 PM

And note that if you have a number of hubs, there will be a period of time as they learn about the change in the Nimbus address. In my environment, changing the name of the robot will result in about 48 hours of time where the various robots will forward around either the correct or incorrect information about the new name of the hub. As a result the new hub will appear to come and go - especially if viewed via IM - but after a while it will stabilize.

For the probes going red after a name change, one option here (though it defeats the security aspect of the cause) is to set up a AO profile that watches for the file check error and issues the probe_validate and probe_active (might also be _stop) callbacks.

-Garin