Service Virtualization

• 1.  Enterprise Dashboard CIC

Posted Sep 22, 2016 06:53 AM

We're considering a move from DevTest 8.3 to 9.1 (install the 9.1 Enterprise Dashboard in isolation and then install 9.1 Registry/VSE on the 4 individual environments starting with our sandbox and then rolling it out once verification successful).

I'm aware that, as long as 9.1 EDB is installed, both 8.3 and 9.1 registries/VSEs can operate with it but I understand there needs to be an EDB CIC (gateway?) installed on the 8.3 versions to make this possible.

Does anyone know about this EDB CIC and what is required to apply it to existing environments?

Also - is it true that the Workstation has to be upgraded to the latest version that in to be used?

Thanks

John 

• 2.  Re: Enterprise Dashboard CIC
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 22, 2016 07:20 AM

Enterprise Dashboard CIC 9.1 is installed on the same system where Enterprise Dashboard 9.1 is installed. And, yes, Registries of DevTest 8.3 can work with Enterprise Dashboard 9.1, but connect to Enterprise Dashboard CIC 9.1 using port 2013. Registry 9.1 connects to Enterprise Dashboard 9.1 directly using port 1506. Please see Maintain Registries - DevTest Solutions - 9.1 - CA Technologies Documentation for details on Registry configuration for version prior to 9.1.

And, yes, the Workstation version must be the same as the version of the registry that the Workstation connects to. So, you have to run Workstation 8.3 with Registry 8.3, and Workstation 9.1 with Registry 9.1. Registry 8.3 and Registry 9.1 both work with Enterprise Dashboard 9.1, or Enterprise Dashboard CIC 9.1, respectively. I am looking for a reference in product documentation ...