Clarity

• 1.  Restricting Clarity lookup values

Posted Sep 22, 2016 06:06 PM

Hi,

I have a requirement to restrict a lookup values to display only his/her user name. For ex: we have a lookup which displays all active resources in the application. My requirement is this lookup should display only his/her name when he/she is accessing their accounts. Is this possible, if so please suggest me what changes i need to make in the Query behind this lookup?

If test@gmail.com is accessing his account, then lookup should show only his name 

• 2.  Re: Restricting Clarity lookup values

Posted Sep 23, 2016 03:33 AM

Depends where you want to use this. 

Most of the out the box lookups do take into account the rights of the user, i.e. which resources do I have access to

So potentially just your rights set up needs to be adjusted.

I do not recommend adjusting the out the box resource browse lookups. This will have a very wide impact.

• 3.  Re: Restricting Clarity lookup values

Posted Sep 23, 2016 11:39 AM

yep access rights could restrict that particular lookup, but might prevent other functionality that you might rely on.

Alternatively could use a custom-(NSQL)-lookup (not a system one) and the NSQL built-in @WHERE:PARAM:USER_ID@ to pickup the logged in user.

• 4.  Re: Restricting Clarity lookup values

Posted Sep 23, 2016 11:47 AM

if it's a portlet you wouldn't even need to ask for it in the filter too. 

Just put it in the WHERE

• 5.  Re: Restricting Clarity lookup values

Posted Sep 23, 2016 11:57 AM

F'sure ; think I was just thinking about object set-up. (custom object / custom attribute)

NSQL isn't going to help at all if its a stock attribute / object based lookup - access rights only way there then.

• 6.  Re: Restricting Clarity lookup values

Posted Sep 23, 2016 12:18 PM

Agree. well without customisation which might get you in hot water later on