CA Service Management

• 1.  Generating multiple tickets from a single email.

Posted Sep 22, 2016 03:23 PM

I am using SD version 12.9.

I am wondering if the text api, specifically the maileater supports being able to create multiple tickets from a single email.

I saw somewhere online where separating what would be tickets with 5 % in a row (example: %%%%%) would do it, but that only created a ticket based on the second set of information.  And did not create two tickets.

I am trying to create a change order. Here is the example of the email I tried to use. Estimated completion date and impact are required fields in our change orders and the maileater will not create a change order without those fields.

Begin email:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Change Order

Body:

%EST_COMP_DATE=9/25/16

%IMPACT=1-ONE USER

%GROUP= CUSTOMER SUPPORT

%DESCRIPTION= test #1 on 9/22 to create a change order. Trying to create multiple tickets from one email.

%%%%%

%EST_COMP_DATE=9/25/16

%IMPACT=1-ONE USER

%GROUP= CUSTOMER SUPPORT

%DESCRIPTION= test #2 on 9/22 to create a change order. Trying to create multiple tickets from one email.

----------------------------------------------------------------

End email.

Does anyone have any experience or success with this?

• 2.  Re: Generating multiple tickets from a single email.
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 23, 2016 08:59 AM

Hi Ryan,

Currently the mail interface does not have the ability to do that.  This would be considered an enhancement, which you could post here in the community as an "idea" so folks can vote for it, and product management can review it for consideration in future versions.

Thanks,

Jon I.