Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Attachments field in Object Portlet

Sridhar Bandaru

Sridhar BandaruSep 23, 2016 10:42 AM

• 1.  Attachments field in Object Portlet

Posted Sep 23, 2016 04:06 AM

Hello All,

We have a Grid Portlet linked to an Object. The Object consists of an Attachment field within it. I would like this field to be available within the list page of this Portlet for users to refer to their Attachments. Is there any way this could be possible?

Thanks,

Suhail.

• 2.  Re: Attachments field in Object Portlet

Posted Sep 23, 2016 04:32 AM

Have you tried configuring the field to the list view ?

If yes, did you find any issue ?

NJ

• 3.  Re: Attachments field in Object Portlet

Posted Sep 23, 2016 05:15 AM

Hi,

It shows a blank value for the Attachments field when I configure it on the list page of the Object Portlet.

Suhail.

• 4.  Re: Attachments field in Object Portlet

Posted Sep 23, 2016 05:26 AM

Is the field configured in a secured page? How about doing some changes to field properties in the portlet?

• 5.  Re: Attachments field in Object Portlet

Posted Sep 23, 2016 05:40 AM

Hi Sridhar,

The field is configured on a secured page. There is nothing much that I can update within the Properties page of the Attachments field within the Object Portlet. Please refer the screenshot shown below.

Suhail.

• 6.  Re: Attachments field in Object Portlet

Posted Sep 23, 2016 05:49 AM

As you told that the attribute is in secured sub page, did you adjust AVP settings on the portlet or granting rights on the page for user?

• 7.  Re: Attachments field in Object Portlet

Posted Sep 23, 2016 05:59 AM

Hi Sridhar,

I tried both of them, but, it didn't help.

Suhail.

• 8.  Re: Attachments field in Object Portlet

Posted Sep 23, 2016 10:33 AM

Hello All,

I am getting the below error when I add the Attachments field to the Object Portlet and open the Object Portlet on the UI side.

Any help with this will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Suhail.

• 9.  Re: Attachments field in Object Portlet

Posted Sep 23, 2016 10:42 AM

Do you see any error in the logs?

• 10.  Re: Attachments field in Object Portlet

Posted Sep 23, 2016 10:58 AM

Hi Sridhar,

I checked the logs and gave an error message related to Resource Rights. I gave myself the full rights to the Object Portlet, which opened on the UI. However, when I filter it to check the Object instance with the Attachment field, it gave the same above error message. The logs now showed the following: action=npt.portletList&uitk.navigation.location=Workspace&uitk.navigation.parent.location=Workspace&uitk.navigation.last.workspace.action=npt.portletList (followed by HTTP).

Does this mean that the Object Portlet is not displayed on a secured page or the attachment page is not secure? Any way to overcome this issue?

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Suhail.

• 11.  Re: Attachments field in Object Portlet

Posted Sep 26, 2016 09:29 AM

Hello All,

Any help with my query?

Thanks,

Suhail.

• 12.  Re: Attachments field in Object Portlet

Posted Sep 27, 2016 03:26 AM

Hi Suhail,

It should be possible to see a link in your portlet, provided the following two conditions are fulfilled:

1. You have access to the secure subpage

2. There is actually a document uploaded for that particular instance under consideration

• 13.  Re: Attachments field in Object Portlet

Posted Sep 27, 2016 06:34 AM

Hi Jeevan,

Both the conditions are satisfied. When I add the Attachments field to the Grid Object Portlet, it gives an error message to contact the system administrator. When I check the logs, the error message is related to HTTP. Does this mean that both the Portlet Page as well as the Attachment Page are using HTTP as compared to HTTPS? If yes, any workaround for this?

Thanks,

Suhail.

• 14.  Re: Attachments field in Object Portlet

Posted Sep 27, 2016 06:42 AM

Can you try modifying the attribute property to disable linking and see if it works?

• 15.  Re: Attachments field in Object Portlet

Posted Sep 27, 2016 06:57 AM

The same error Sridhar even after selecting no linking.

• 16.  Re: Attachments field in Object Portlet

Posted Sep 27, 2016 07:07 AM

Not sure whats going wrong. By the way, where do you store documents, in database or app server? Is this schema refreshed recently? Can you try capturing SQL trace and see if it gives any clue?

• 17.  Re: Attachments field in Object Portlet

Posted Oct 05, 2016 08:54 AM

Hi Sridhar,

I suppose the documents are getting stored on the app server. I need to re-check this. We also got our CA Clarity PPM version to be upgraded to 14.4 recently. Thanks.

Suhail.