Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

How to run my test with multiple coordinators and simulators

• 1.  How to run my test with multiple coordinators and simulators

Posted Sep 24, 2016 02:46 PM

Hi CA Team,

I have requirements for Load testing and we have LISA 7.5.2 version.

Could you please guide me how can leverage LISA for my requirements and what things i need check in aspects of license etc..

I  tried one of my test with  file size between 3 and 5 mb files and taking CPU utilization full and after some test got stopped.

Do I required additional simulators/coordinators?

If yes how to do this,please let me know and thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: How to run my test with multiple coordinators and simulators

Posted Sep 26, 2016 02:55 PM

hi Devtest any pne can help me on this.

• 3.  Re: How to run my test with multiple coordinators and simulators
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2017 08:56 AM

Hello San,

LISA 7.5.2 has gone End Of Support mid-last year. From 8.x there has been a complete shift in licensing process as well which is honor-based rather than checkout count based.

First thing I would recommend you is to move to a later version of LISA that is now known as DevTest. Latest release is DevTest 10.0.

Coming to performance testing, there are two aspects to it: One is with respect to the size of payload and one is with respect to concurrent users against the target system.

In order to test with increasing size of payload, you would need to look at the hardware capacity of the server and distribution of LISA components over multiple machines. Network latency would also play an important part in that.

When you are looking to test the target system with increasing number of concurrent users then you would need to look at the licensing aspect along with the hardware capacity.

One simulator can handle maximum of 256 virtual users. Based on your requirement, you can calculate how many simulators would need to instantiate. For LISA 7.5.2, you would also have limitation based on your license as well with respect to maximum number if virtual users allowed in your license. You can get them increased by contacting CA Global Support team.