IDMS

• 1.  Web Services Sample Program R19

Posted Sep 24, 2016 12:12 AM

I have just successfully completed a proof of concept of a Java client calling a stored procedure on IDMS. Thanks to community and CA for pointing me to sample programs in both COBOL and ADS.

I am now in the process of writing a IDMS-DC COBOL program to consume a web service from outside the mainframe (Web service written in Java over SOAP 1.1 and XML. I do have a WSDL of the web service). I have searched through the various related questions and responses. I am looking for a sample IDMS-DC COBOL program that could be used as a template. The closest one I have found is in the package  IDMSWSTK.zip by Fishman. The COBOL program was last updated for INCR 3 in April 2016. Does anyone have a sample program for the IDMS R19 GA release or will this program work in the GA release. 

I have read the official documentation of the IDMS R19 but could not find a complete sample program like the one in SQL Reference for stored procedures.

Any help with an IDMS-DC COBOL sample program  will be appreciated.

Thanks

Sat Pal

• 2.  Re: Web Services Sample Program R19

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2016 10:15 AM

Hi Sat, 

The program provided by John Fisher for R19-IR3 should work fine in the R19 GA (or rather 'Complete') release. 

Dave

• 3.  Re: Web Services Sample Program R19

Posted Sep 26, 2016 11:19 AM

Sat,

That sample program was setup to be called by a procedure.  If calling Cobol from a dialog you would likely use a work record to pass items back and forth, so the using statement and linkage section would specify the work record instead of individual elements.  Other than that the basic structure of the program should be fine.

John

• 4.  Re: Web Services Sample Program R19

Posted Sep 27, 2016 12:57 PM

Thank you John and Dave. At this time, we only have a need to call a COBOL program from a stored procedure; so this template should work. Do you know if SOAP 1.2 supported at this time ?

Thanks

Sat Pal 

• 5.  Re: Web Services Sample Program R19

Posted Sep 27, 2016 04:04 PM

Sat,

At this time only soap 1.1 is supported.  I have a template in the waiting for the stock demo when 1.2 gets supported. 

GL, John