Clarity

• 1.  How do you configure multiple instances of portlets globally

Posted Sep 23, 2016 03:36 PM

Say you have object or query based portlets that are on several pages on the application side.
    How do you configure the layout and filters separately for each occurrence?
    When I try to configure the page where the portlets are I only get to configure the content of the page not the individual portlets.
    If I go to the portles and do the configuration there, I reason it will be the default configuration in all occurrences which is not what I want.

If I do that on the application side that is only for my user ID and that is not what I want either.
    Do I have to create a copy of each portlet for each occurrence or what?

• 2.  Re: How do you configure multiple instances of portlets globally

Posted Sep 26, 2016 08:18 AM

Sadly no easy out the box way to have different portlet configurations for different areas/users etc.

So whilst you can create portlets for one partition only you can't just configure the view for that partition.

I've experimented with pushing user configuration but that is totally unsupported!

One advanced option is to write custom html/javascript to fetch the data through SOAP and display differently based on variables within the page or on the user account etc. 

TLDR: No without creating a new instance

• 3.  Re: How do you configure multiple instances of portlets globally

Posted Sep 26, 2016 08:41 AM

Thanks  am1 Sorry to hear that.

Because you cannot share or distribute user defined filters that would mean one copy of the portlet for each filter ...

On the outset that you do not have to modify the query behind all the copies and the original.

• 4.  Re: How do you configure multiple instances of portlets globally

Posted Sep 26, 2016 09:19 AM

Depending on what you want to do, you may be able to code this logic into the NSQL.

I.e. have a lookup with the different filter options which adjusts the grouping/filtering

• 5.  Re: How do you configure multiple instances of portlets globally

Posted Sep 26, 2016 01:56 PM

That is what I was starting to think:

Put the values in a custom object so that the users can configure the items.

Pull them with a lookup to a parameter or something.

On the other hand it were simpler if it were possible to put the the filter values were in a custom attribute of an object.

• 6.  Re: How do you configure multiple instances of portlets globally

Posted Oct 17, 2016 02:49 PM

Hi urmas - We're you ever able to figure this one out? Thanks! Chris

• 7.  Re: How do you configure multiple instances of portlets globally
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 18, 2016 02:38 AM

The answer is no you can't

For configuration the simple work around is to create copies of the portlets.

For filters the same or you van build fancy NSQL to accomodate for you different filtering needs.