CA Service Management

• 1.  CA BSI Application Not Opening

Posted Sep 26, 2016 08:31 AM

Hi Team,

I installed CA BSI 8.3.5 server on windows server 2008 R2 SP1 (Enterprise Edition). Oracle database is also on the same server. After installation, when I am trying to open the application, it is giving the following error:

There was no error during the installation process. Server was also restarted after installation.

Following services related to CA BSI are running:

Kindly provide the solution for the above issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Balram Singh Deswal

• 2.  Re: CA BSI Application Not Opening

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2016 08:49 AM

Hi,

The error is saying it can't find the relevant version of the Data Access components. While BSI 8.3.5 can speak to a number of versions of remote Oracle Server (check the release notes' Supportability Matrix for the full list), it specifically looks for the client Data Access libraries from 11.2.0.4; the error suggests you have a different one installed on the local server.

Unfortunately, because Oracle won't let you have a different client DAO library installed on the same machine, you'd need to either use the same version, or move the Oracle to a different machine. Here's the instructions for installing with a single tier, for further clarification:

Install CA Business Service Insight on a Single-Tier Environment - CA Business Service Insight - 8.3.5 - CA Technologies… 

thanks

Iain

• 3.  Re: CA BSI Application Not Opening

Posted Sep 27, 2016 12:57 AM

Hi Iain,

Thanks for your support.

I have set up Oracle 11.2.0.1.0 (32-bit). If I use a separate machine for BSI installation, what components do I need to setup on that machine for a fully functional BSI (Among Oracle 11.2.0.4 client, Oracle 11.2.0.4 ODAC components, BSI server and BSI client)? Oblicore database was installed successfully earlier on single-tier setup. Can I use the same database or I need to setup again?

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Balram

• 4.  Re: CA BSI Application Not Opening

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2016 10:51 AM

Hi,

if you're already in a single tier and have 11.2.0.1.0 (32-bit) installed, then the simplest option is probably to upgrade it in-place to 11.2.0.4.0 - that should then get you working, as the ODAC libraries will come with it.

regards

Iain

• 5.  Re: CA BSI Application Not Opening

Posted Sep 28, 2016 01:09 AM

Hi Iain,

Oracle 11.2.0.4 is not available for free download. I went through the following technical document:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1730354.aspx 

In the problem statement of this article, following is mentioned:

We are using the Oracle Client 11.2.0.1, the release of Oracle required on our older release.

I want to know the version of older BSI that supports Oracle 11.2.0.1.

Kindly provide me the older version details.

Thanks & Regards,

Balram Singh Deswal

• 6.  Re: CA BSI Application Not Opening

Posted Sep 28, 2016 03:55 AM

Hi Iain,

The error is resolved after installing Oracle instant client 11.2.0.4 on the single-tier setup. In login page and after login also, every item is showing [MSG -  prefix. Here are the screenshots for your reference:

Login Screen:

After Login:

How it can be changed?

Thanks & Regards,

Balram Singh Deswal

• 7.  Re: CA BSI Application Not Opening
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 28, 2016 07:33 AM

Hi Balram

try this :

start --> run --> cmd -->
    cd %OG_HOME%\bin
    StringsLoader.exe -a <Path to language strings xml files>

e.g. StringsLoader.exe -a D:\Daten\wwwroot\Oblicore\App_Data\Resources

regards
    Besim

• 8.  Re: CA BSI Application Not Opening

Posted Sep 29, 2016 12:33 AM

Thanks Besim for your support. It is opening fine after running the StringsLoader utility.

Regards,

Balram