CA Service Management

• 1.  Ca service catalog /uss 14.1 - submit and save

Posted Sep 26, 2016 05:38 AM

Hi All,

In system form I am calling a js function on "onsubmit" attribute. I want to validate few things while submtting the cart not on save. But at cart level if I click on save button the js function get exectued. I want this function to execute on click of submit button not on save.

Function work on both save and submit

I want js to work only on submit. How can I get this done working??

• 2.  Re: Ca service catalog /uss 14.1 - submit and save

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2016 08:12 AM

Hi Shubha.

A local test for this shows either 'add to cart' & 'checkout' buttons or the 'submit' button in the USS-UI.

How do you (and can I) get the 'submit' and the 'save' button shown together?

Is that some customization you have in place?

As to the triggering of the 'onSubmit' js-function, it gets triggered on the 'add to cart' the 'checkout' and the 'submit' on my local environment. (which might be ootb behavior).

Please advise. Thanks in advance and kind regards, Louis.

• 3.  Re: Ca service catalog /uss 14.1 - submit and save

Posted Sep 27, 2016 05:06 AM

how ever on catalog also we see same behaviour on save, the js is getting executed. I have written a pop up I am getting this pop up onsubmit but which get executed on save/ delete( the service from the cart before submitting. for example after check out if I want to delete few services from the request).

• 4.  Re: Ca service catalog /uss 14.1 - submit and save

Posted Sep 28, 2016 05:16 PM

My understanding is this is by design; the onSubmit function will be invoked when the form/request is committed (i.e. adding to cart, checking out, submitting request, selecting save after editing the request, selecting save after approving/fulfilling, etc).