Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Gateway setup

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2016 07:04 AM

Hi,

I installed Gateway 9.1 with software and now trying to run the setup.sh with remote mysql database. Two questions about the database configuration.

1. Need I install mysql client on the gateway server before gateway setup? Or does the gateway setup package already contains mysql client to be used? 

2. Need I create ssg database in mysql server manually before gateway setup? Or the setup script will connect to mysql server to create the ssg database automatically?

Thanks

Yang

• 2.  Re: Gateway setup
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 26, 2016 10:09 AM

Hi Yang,

1. Need I install mysql client on the gateway server before gateway setup? Or does the gateway setup package already contains mysql client to be used? 

A. You will have to install mysql client first on the gateway before running setup. The gateway setup does not contain mysql client.

2. Need I create ssg database in mysql server manually before gateway setup? Or the setup script will connect to mysql server to create the ssg database automatically?

A. The ssg database is created by the script. There is no need to create the db manually. 

• 3.  Re: Gateway setup

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2016 12:07 AM

Seenu,

Thanks very much. I setup the Gateway successfully now.

Yang

• 4.  Re: Gateway setup

Posted Sep 27, 2016 03:32 AM

You are welcome Yang. Just a note that as you are installing MySql database on another machine, you will not need the mysql client on the gateway. 

I am glad I was able to help and answer you question.