Clarity

• 1.  Project Finish Date and Allocation End Date:

Posted Sep 26, 2016 04:07 PM
      |   view attached

Project Finish Date and Allocation End Date:

Hi Team,

Even though my project Finish date is 9/30/2016, allocation for a resources still has end date of 9/30/2017.

My understanding was when you change Project Finish Date the allocation end date is also changed if it is beyond Project Finish Date.

Is there any defect or scenario where the date will not change on allocation.

Please Note: We modifies the finish date to 9/30/2016 assuming it will change allocation date for resoucres. I have around 15 Project with same issue. I am attaching snapshot for reference.

Thanks,

Veena

Attachment(s)

docx
    Alloc_issues.docx   111 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Project Finish Date and Allocation End Date:

Posted Sep 27, 2016 12:23 AM

It's always the other way around

You need to change the allocation end date, and then change the finish date

Regards

NJ

• 3.  Re: Project Finish Date and Allocation End Date:

Posted Sep 27, 2016 02:35 PM

Thanks for your reply, we are updating the finish date for Projects via process and allocations end date got fixed for few projects.

If I have both RM and PM access, if I try to change the Project Finish date, system updates the allocations.

I understand the process is to fix allocations first and then Project Finis date after. It is unexpected to have allocations beyond Project Finish date as system doesn't allow you to allocate resources beyond Project finish date.

Ideally allocations end date should get updated as it happens when I tried it manually but via process we are having issues.

• 4.  Re: Project Finish Date and Allocation End Date:

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2016 03:28 PM

Hi.

Actually you are experience a problem, if i change my finish date to a lower date on the project, the system automatically change on team tab the allocations with the current date.

I already tested on my 14.4 Version, maybe you are hitting into a defect or other things.

My recommendation is create a ticket to CA Support in order to get the explanation of why your system is not update allocations automatically.

Thanks

• 5.  Re: Project Finish Date and Allocation End Date:

Posted Sep 27, 2016 04:58 PM

Thanks a lot