CA Service Management

• 1.  how to stop requests from SOAP API

Posted Sep 27, 2016 03:16 AM

In SDM 12.6, some clients are using SOAP xml scripts to automate the updation of SDM tickets. But I want CA SDM to stop responding to such SOAP requests. For this what changes should I do on server side. Please help on this topic..

• 2.  Re: how to stop requests from SOAP API

Posted Sep 27, 2016 04:41 AM

You could stop all SOAP requests from taking effect by setting the operation counters to zero in the Access Control tab in the default SOAP Web Services Policy (Admin tab, Web Services Policy, Policies).  According to the Help, "The default value of -1 in any operation counter indicates that no restrictions apply to the corresponding operation. A value of 0 (zero) indicates that the corresponding operation is not allowed."  I imagine you'd need to restart the Service Desk service to have that setting take effect. However, that would also stop PAM from doing anything with the SOAP service, so it might be too much of a blunt instrument. A subtler approach, anyone?

• 3.  Re: how to stop requests from SOAP API

Posted Sep 28, 2016 07:09 AM

Hi James

Thanks for your reply!

I  have ca spectrum is integrated with SDM to generate tickets.

I am using "SPECTRUM_POLICY" as a web service access policy. If I set value of 0 (zero) to operation counter then would it affect ticket creation through ca spectrum?

OR should I set single operation counter (which is related to SOAP scripts) "object creation" or "object update" to 0 (zero)?...any idea?

• 4.  Re: how to stop requests from SOAP API

Posted Sep 28, 2016 09:06 AM

You can try to figure out wich user is being used to call webService method. You can then change it's access type or role to prevent it from using webService.