CA Service Management

• 1.  xFlow search error

Posted Sep 27, 2016 08:53 AM

Hi,

recently we have installed new cum patch for CA SDM 14.1 which includes xFlow interface and Search Server. We have successfully configured system by following provided instructions. At First everything worked as espected. But now suddenly searching in xFlow is not working. For example if I type:

Also if I open existing ticket and expand Suggested Experts:

The same thing is if I expand Solutions.

Any ideas where the problem is? As I said it worked fine after initial installation. We tried to restart services (Search Server, xFlow, CA SDM). In logs I didn't find anything helpful. Please help!

Best Regards,

Vedran D.

• 2.  Re: xFlow search error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2016 09:04 AM

Hey Vedran,

I would recommend checking out xFlow's  logs/SearchMS.log  to see if it is having difficulty connecting to the CA Search Service.  

Thx

_R

• 3.  Re: xFlow search error

Posted Sep 27, 2016 09:26 AM

Hi Raghu,

thank you for your suggestion. Actually Search Server, xFlow and CA SDM are all on the same server. In SearchMS.log I don't see anything with current date.

Regards,

Vedran D.

• 4.  Re: xFlow search error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2016 09:58 AM

That's a bit odd, I am expecting some errors around that matter.  

Are you able to raise out a Support case and this and hit me up? I can work with you offline on the same

Thx

_R

• 5.  Re: xFlow search error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2016 04:16 AM

I am seeing the same behavior to another customer and again looks like IncidentMS.log was getting updated and rest of the files are not showing any entries in the log file.

Next Option is looking for the web browser developer tools to identify any solution as suggested.

• 6.  Re: xFlow search error

Posted Sep 29, 2016 03:12 AM

Thank you all for your suggestions but now everything works as expected. I didn't find anything useful in logs or in web browser so once again I restarted CA SDM, Search Server and xFlow services and strangely now search feature is working. Hope error won't show again.

Best Regards,

Vedran D.

• 7.  Re: xFlow search error

Posted Oct 03, 2016 04:43 PM

I have having the same issue with search and experts. Luckily we are only in test environment but hope to be moving all to prod.

• 8.  Re: xFlow search error

Posted Oct 05, 2016 03:32 PM

I am also having the same issue with search and experts. I had noticed the following errors using developer tools:

lib.min.js:2 GET http://baham.digitalcelerity.com:9006/gs/nr?$search=giran&$top=5 400 (Bad Request)

(anonymous function) @ lib.min.js:2r @ lib.min.js:2k @ lib.min.js:2i @ lib.min.js:2(anonymous function) @ lib.min.js:2$eval @ lib.min.js:3$digest @ lib.min.js:3$apply @ lib.min.js:3(anonymous function) @ lib.min.js:3e @ lib.min.js:1(anonymous function) @ lib.min.js:1

• 9.  Re: xFlow search error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 05, 2016 05:26 PM

Hey Gurinder,

That basically is an indication that the browser the Search Micro Service is not functioning properly. I'd recommend raising a case on this with us

Thx

_R